||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
Khabensky on September 17, 2010
11 January 1972 |
Leningrad, Soviet Union
|Spouse(s)||Anastasiya Khabenskaya (2000-2008; her death; 1 child)|
Konstantin Yuryevich Khabensky (Russian: Константин Юрьевич Хабенский; born 11 January 1972) is a Russian actor best known in the West for starring in the films Night Watch and Day Watch as the lead character Anton Gorodetsky.
Life and career
Khabensky was born and trained in St Petersburg, and now resides in Moscow. Khabensky was already a popular and well-established theatre and television/film actor prior to appearing in the -Watch films. However, their unprecedented success in both Russia and worldwide has made Khabensky a very popular actor in Russia, and one of the best-known Russian actors in the West.
Khabensky has been a stage actor in Satyricon Theatre (Moscow) and Lensovet Theatre in Saint Petersburg. In 1995–1996, he worked as presenter of regional TV in the department of music and information programs. Since 2003, Khabensky has been a member of Moscow Art Theatre stage cast, and a lead actor in Duck Hunt (Zilov), Mikhail Bulgakov's White Guard (Alexey Turbin) and Hamlet. Graduated from the Leningrad State Institute for Theatre, Music and Cinema in 1996 (course of V. Filshtinsky).
Konstantin Khabensky was married to radio-journalist Anastasiya Khabenskaya from 12 January 2000, until her death at age 35 from a brain tumor on 3 December 2008. He has one son by her, Ivan Konstantinovich, who was born in Moscow on 25 September 2007. In Russia he lives in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
He took part in several American movies such Wanted and World War Z where his role as Russian soldier was cut due to re-shooting of the 30 Minutes of the ending, which was shown only in Unrated Edition of the movie.
- Seagull ("Best Artist negative role" for the role of Claudius in Hamlet of the Moscow Art Theatre, 2005)
- The cinema award "Golden Eagle" (Green's role in the movie "The State Counselor", 2006)
- Stanislavsky Prize (for theatrical work in performances of the Moscow Art Theatre, 2007)
- Nominated "Best Actor" for Alexander Kolchak in the movie Admiral, 2008
- Levitan (2014)
- Black Sea (2014)
- Peter Leshchenko (2013)
- The Geographer Drank His Globe Away (2013)
- World War Z (2013)
- The White Guard (2012) ... Dr. Trubin
- Vykrutasy (2011)... Vyacheslav "Slava" Kolotilov
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) ... Polyakov
- The Miracle (2009)
- Admiral (2008) ... Admiral Alexander Kolchak
- Madagascar 2 – Russian voice (2008) ... Alex
- Wanted (2008) ... The Exterminator
- The Irony of Fate 2 (2008) ... Kostya Lukashin
- The Russian Triangle (2007)
- Day Watch (2006) ... Anton Gorodetsky
- Bednye Rodstvenniki (2006) ... Edik
- The State Counsellor (2005) ... Green
- Night Watch (2004) ... Anton Gorodetsky
- Our Own (2004) ... Political Instructor Livshits
- Madagascar 1, 2, 3 as Alex The Lion