|Sir Konstantin Novoselov|
23 August 1974 
Nizhny Tagil, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Nationality||Russia and United Kingdom|
|Thesis||Development and Applications of Mesoscopic Hall Microprobes (2004)|
Sir Konstantin Sergeevich Novoselov, FRS, (born 23 August 1974) is a Russian-British physicist, and Langworthy Professor in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester. His work on graphene with Andre Geim, earned them the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2010.
Konstantin Novoselov was born in Nizhny Tagil, Soviet Union, in 1974. He graduated from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology with a MSc degree in 1997, and was awarded a PhD from the Radboud University of Nijmegen in 2004 for work supervised by Andre Geim.
Together with Geim, Novoselov has published more than 190 peer-reviewed research papers on several topics including mesoscopic superconductivity (Hall magnetometry), subatomic movements of magnetic domain walls, the discovery of gecko tape and graphene.,
Awards and honours
- 2007 Nicholas Kurti European Science Prize "aimed to promote and recognise the novel work of young scientists working in the fields of Low Temperatures and/or High Magnetic Fields."
- 2008 Technology Review-35 Young Innovator 
- 2008 University of Manchester Researcher of the Year.
- 2008 Europhysics Prize, "for discovering and isolating a single free-standing atomic layer of carbon (graphene) and elucidating its remarkable electronic properties.",
- 2008 International Union of Pure and Applied Physics Young Scientist Prize, "for his contribution in the discovery of graphene and for pioneering studies of its extraordinary properties."
- 2010 Nobel Prize in Physics, jointly with Andre Geim, "for groundbreaking experiments regarding the material graphene." Novoselov was the youngest Nobel laureate in physics since Brian Josephson in 1973, and in any field since Rigoberta Menchú (Peace) in 1992.
- 2010 Knight Commander of the Order of the Netherlands Lion
- 2010 Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (HonFRSC)
- 2010 Honorary Professor of Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- 2011 Honorary Doctorate from The University of Manchester
- 2011 Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Physics (HonFInstP)
- 2011 Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS)
- 2011 W. L. Bragg Lecture Prize from International Union of Crystallography “… for his work on two-dimensional atomic crystals”
- 2012 Knight Bachelor in the 2012 New Year Honours for services to science.,
- 2012 Chosen among “Britain's 50 New Radicals” by NESTA and The Observer
- 2012 The Kohn Prize Lecture “…for development of new class of materials: two-dimensional atomic crystals”
- 2013 Awarded Langworthy Professor of physics, University of Manchester
- 2013 Leverhulme Medal (Royal Society) “…for revolutionary work on graphene, other two-dimensional crystals and their heterostructures that has great potential for a number of applications, from electronics to energy”
- 2013 Awarded the Honorary Freedom of the City of Manchester "for his groundbreaking work on graphene", see List of Freedom of the City recipients
- 2013 Elected a foreign member of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 2014 2nd place in the Discovery section National science photography competition.
- In 2014 Kostya Novoselov was included in the list of the most highly cited researchers. He was also named among the 17 hottest researchers world-wide - "individuals who have published the greatest number of hot papers during 2012-2013".
- In 2014 Kostya Novoselov was awarded Onsager Medal.
- NOVOSELOV, Sir Konstantin S.. Who's Who 2015 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc.(subscription required)
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2010 Press Release. Nobelprize.org (2010-10-05). Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- Novoselov, Konstantin S. (2004). Development and applications of mesoscopic hall microprobes (PhD thesis). Radboud University Nijmegen. ISBN 9090183663
- Britnell, Liam Richard (2013). Electronic transport properties of graphene-based heterostructures (PhD thesis). University of Manchester.
- Zan, Recep (2013). Microscopy and Spectroscopy of Graphene: Atomic Scale Structure and Interaction with Foreign Atom Species (PhD thesis). University of Manchester.
- New Year Honours 2012 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/30_12_11newyears2012.pdf
- Konstantin Novoselov from the Scopus bibliographic database.
- "Announcement of the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physics". The Nobel Foundation. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "The 2010 Nobel Prize for Physics". http://www.graphene.manchester.ac.uk/explore/the-story-of-graphene/the-2010-nobel-prize-for-physics/. The University of Manchester. 10 September 2014. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "The Royal Society, Dr. Kostya Novoselov".
- "Nobel Prize wins for Royal Society Fellows". The Royal Society. 5 October 2005. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Dr. Kostya Novoselov". University of Manchester, Mesoscopic Physics Research Group. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- Room-temperature electric field effect and carrier-type inversion in graphene films arXiv:cond-mat/0410631 (The paper announcing the discovery of graphene)
- Overbye, Dennis (5 October 2010), "Physics Nobel Honors Work on Ultra-Thin Carbon Film.", New York Times
- Geim, A. K.; Dubonos, S. V.; Grigorieva, I. V.; Novoselov, K. S.; Peeters, F. M.; Schweigert, V. A. (2000). "Non-quantized penetration of magnetic field in the vortex state of superconductors". Nature 407 (6800): 55–57. doi:10.1038/35024025. PMID 10993068.
- Novoselov, K. S.; Geim, A. K.; Dubonos, S. V.; Hill, E. W.; Grigorieva, I. V. (2003). "Subatomic movements of a domain wall in the Peierls potential". Nature 426 (6968): 812–816. doi:10.1038/nature02180. PMID 14685231.
- Geim, A. K.; Dubonos, S. V.; Grigorieva, I. V.; Novoselov, K. S.; Zhukov, A. A.; Shapoval, S. Y. (2003). "Microfabricated adhesive mimicking gecko foot-hair". Nature Materials 2 (7): 461–463. Bibcode:2003NatMa...2..461G. doi:10.1038/nmat917. PMID 12776092.
- "From Nanomatierial to Global Expansion". http://www.graphene.manchester.ac.uk/explore/the-story-of-graphene/from-nanomaterial-to-global-explosion/. The University of Manchester. 10 September 2014. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Geim, A. K.; Novoselov, K. S. (2007). "The rise of graphene". Nature Materials 6 (3): 183–191. Bibcode:2007NatMa...6..183G. doi:10.1038/nmat1849. PMID 17330084.
- Novoselov, K. S.; Geim, A. K.; Morozov, S. V.; Jiang, D.; Katsnelson, M. I.; Grigorieva, I. V.; Dubonos, S. V.; Firsov, A. A. (2005). "Two-dimensional gas of massless Dirac fermions in graphene". Nature 438 (7065): 197–200. doi:10.1038/nature04233. PMID 16281030.
- Graphene Flagship
- "Introducing graphene".
- Brumfiel, G. (2012). "Britain's big bet on graphene: Manchester institute will focus on commercial applications of atom-thick carbon sheets". Nature 488 (7410): 140–141. doi:10.1038/488140a. PMID 22874942.
- Astrophysics Data System
- Novoselov, K. S.; Geim, A. K.; Morozov, S. V.; Jiang, D.; Zhang, Y.; Dubonos, S. V.; Grigorieva, I. V.; Firsov, A. A. (2004). "Electric Field Effect in Atomically Thin Carbon Films". Science 306 (5696): 666–669. doi:10.1126/science.1102896. PMID 15499015.
- Castro Neto, A. H.; Peres, N. M. R.; Novoselov, K. S.; Geim, A. K. (2009). "The electronic properties of graphene". Reviews of Modern Physics 81: 109. arXiv:0709.1163. Bibcode:2009RvMP...81..109C. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.81.109.
- ERC Starting Grant
- "Nobel Prize in Physics goes to ERC grantee Prof. Konstantin Novoselov". European Research Council. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Nicholas Kurti European Science Prize
- Technology Review-35 Young Innovator 2008
- EPS CMD Europhysics Prize Recipients
- "Graphene pioneers bag Europhysics prize". Physics World. 2 September 2008.
- The IUPAP Young Scientist Prize
- "Hoge Koninklijke onderscheiding voor Nobelprijswinnaars" (in Dutch). Public Information Service of the Government of the Netherlands. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Physics
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2011.
- BBC News – Knighthoods for Nobel-winning graphene pioneers. Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on 2011-12-31.
- "Britain's 50 New Radicals". NESTA and The Observer. 2013.
- The Kohn Award lecture
- Leverhulme Medal
- "Freedom of the city to be awarded to graphene scientists". 7 October 2013.
- "The Assembly of Academicians at BAS elected three scientists as foreign members of the Academy". 28 November 2013.
- "National science photography competition – in pictures".
- "a Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher!". Thomson Reuters.
- "The Lars Onsager Lecture and Professorship".
- "Graphene pioneers bag Nobel prize", Physics World, 5 October 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Konstantin Novoselov.|
- Interview in ScienceWatch on his research fields
- Portrait of Novoselov and Geim following the announcement of the Nobel Prize
- Selected research papers by Konstantin Novoselov and Andre Geim
- Russians scoop Nobel for creation of graphene