Constanze Angela Krehl
Constanze Angela Krehl (born 14 October 1956 in Stuttgart) is a German politician. She was in the years from 1991 to 1994 Observer of the European Parliament and is since 1994 a Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD, Social Democratic Party of Germany), part of the group "Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats".
Personal Facts 
After Constanze Krehl received her diploma from German secondary school in 1975 in Leipzig, she studied at the Technische Universität Dresden (Technical University Dresden) and graduated in computer science in 1980. In the year 1998 she was awarded with the Federal Cross of Merit.
Political career 
- Since 1994 Member of the European Parliament
- 1999-2005 Member of the SPD federal executive board
- 1999-2004 Regional Chair of the SPD Saxony
- 1996-1999 Regional Vice-Chair of the SPD Saxony
- 02/1991-06/1994 Observer of the European Parliament
- 10-12/1990 Member of the "Deutscher Bundestag" (German Parliament)
- 03-10/1990 Member of the "Volkskammer" (GDR People's Assembly)
Committees and Delegations 
Since 2004 Constanze Angela Krehl has been a member of the Committee on Regional Development, furthermore she is member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America and the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly. Until 2004 she was Member of the Committee on Budgets and is today still a substitute member. From 1994 until 1997 Mrs Krehl was chairwoman of the Delegation for relations with Russia and chairwoman of the Delegation to EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee in the years 1997-1999 and 1999-2002.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Constanze Krehl|
- Official website of Constanze Krehl www.constanze-krehl.eu
- European Parliament biography of Constanze Krehl (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|