|Traded as||ZSE: KNZM (delisted)|
|Founded||Zagreb, Croatia, 1957|
|Key people||Ivica Todorić (CAE)
Darko Knez (CEO) 
|Products||Grocery, General merchandise|
|Employees||12,737 (December 31 2011) |
Konzum d.d. is Croatia's largest supermarket chain, with just over 700 stores open in Croatia and more than 12,000 employees. There are also Konzum stores in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in Serbia. Konzum serves over 650,000 customers each day. With its headquarters in Zagreb, it is part of the Agrokor company.
The first Konzum store was opened in Zagreb in 1957. Unikonzum was established in 1970 by joining four retail chain stores: Črnomerec, Konzum, Moslavka and Slavonia. Since then it has expanded into Croatia's biggest supermarket chain, Its business has grown a lot since Croatia broke off of former Yugoslavia. Konzum joined the Agrokor group in 1994.
In 2002, Konzum completed the acquisition of Alastor, the third largest food retailer in Croatia.
K Plus is the value product brand of Konzum. Food and household products are sold at affordable prices under the brand.
Konzum stores are named Konzum, Konzum Maxi, or Super Konzum according to their sizes.
Konzum Maxi is the medium sized version of Konzum supermarket. They are located in Dubrovnik, Sisak, Ploče, Vis, Makarska, Split, Sinj, Šibenik Knin, Vodice, Zadar, Gospić, Otočac, Crikvenica, Krk, Pula, Rovinj, Umag, Poreč, Rijeka, Jastrebarsko, Zagreb, Varaždin, Čakovec, Bjelovar, Đakovo, Slavonski Brod, Osijek and Vinkovci.
Super Konzum is the largest version of the Konzum supermarket range. They are located in Čakovec, Đakovo, Vinkovci, Slavonski Brod, Zagreb, Samobor, Jastrebarsko, Ogulin, Rijeka, Poreč, Zadar, Šibenik, Split, Kutina, Makarska and Dubrovnik.
Velpro is a Bosnian cash and carry, Velpro is a part of the Konzum group. The first Velpro was opened in 2003 in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Velpro cash & carry has about 14 stores in Croatia also in Belgrade, Serbia.
Konzum operates in Serbia under the "Idea" brand. Idea stores are named Idea, Idea Super or Idea Extra according to their sizes. The city of Niš has the largest number of Idea stores at 37, followed by Belgrade with 24. Other Idea supermarkets are located in Novi Sad, Leskovac, Subotica, Vrbas, Bor, Sombor, Smederevo, Užice, Kraljevo, Valjevo, Gornji Milanovac, Šabac, Kragujevac, Zrenjanin and other towns.
On November 7, 2007, the launch of K-Mobile service was announced. In partnership with T-Mobile Croatia and EPH, K-Mobile was to offer consumers branded cellphones with prepaid calling plans. The project was to launch in March 2008, but was apparently cancelled; as of 2010[update] its web page is under construction.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
- "Osnovni podaci kompanije Konzum". konzum.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Godišnje izvješće 1Y., revidirano, nekonsolidirano, 2011. godina.
- "Aktualnosti". konzum.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Opće informacije". konzum.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Rak Šajn, Jolanda (2010-01-04). "Todorićev Kozmo prodan fondu Nexus Alpha - Biznis - ekonomija - Večernji list". vecernji.hr (in Croatian). Večernji list. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Povijest razvoja" (in Croatian). Konzum.hr. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Idea prodavnice". idea.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Gdje se sakrio Todorićev Kmobile mobilni proizvod?". javno.hr (in Croatian). February 29, 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- http://kmobile.com.hr/, accessed 2010-09-29