Kopeika was founded in 1998 with 38 stores. The firm first gained prominence in when it was taken over by the ill-fated Yukos oil giant in 2002. On the firms demise a controlling stake was sold to NIKOIL. In 2006 50% was sold on to another local chain by which time there were 267 stores and 4 distribution centers.
In 2010, Kopeyka was acquired by competitor Pyaterochka, part of the Alfa Group. The stores will be re-branded over the next two years.
- "Yukos Sells Its 50.5% of Kopeika". 2003-10-06. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- "Moscow Times - Yukos take over". 2002-01-21. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- "RUSSIA: NIKOIL PICKS UP KOPEIKA". Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- "Reuteurs -Seventh Continent, X5 Bid for Russian Kopeika". 2006-12-05. Retrieved 2007-12-31.[dead link]
- YouTube Adverts
- Kopeika English website
- Property Magazine International - X5 Retail Group completes acquisition of Kopeyka discounter
|This Russian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|