|74,537 (by birth, 2006)
88,984 (by ancestry)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Australian English, Korean|
|Christianity (chiefly Protestantism);
Buddhism and Non-Religious minorities.
At the 2011 census, 88,984 persons resident in Australia identified themselves as being of Korean ancestry. 74,537 persons resident in Australia had been born in South Korea. At the 2006 census, 59 persons resident in Australian had been born in North Korea.
According to the 2006 census, only 38% declared holding Australian citizenship, 68% had arrived in Australia in 1990 or later, and 63% reside in New South Wales. Few ethnic groups are as concentrated in one state as Koreans are in New South Wales, where 33% of Australia's population live.
At the 2006 Census, 37,426 (71%) Korean-born Australian residents declared they were Christian, 3,500 (6.6%) Buddhist and 9,562 (18%) had no religious affiliation. Disgruntled former members of Korean Christian churches sometimes join the handful of Korean Buddhist temples in the Sydney area.
- Rome, Rapper and Leader with C-Clown
- Kevin, singer with ZE:A moved to Australia at the age of 9
- Peter Bell, Australian rules footballer
- David Kang, barrister who feigned an attack on Prince Charles with a starting pistol in 1994.
- Leonardo Nam, Korean Argentine actor who emigrated to Australia
- Dami Im, winner of the fifth series of The X Factor Australia
- Gong Hyo-jin, Korean actress
-  Australia Community Profile - Birthplace
-  Australia Community Profile - Ancestry
- "20680-Country of Birth of Person (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (MICROSOFT EXCEL DOWNLOAD). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Total count of persons: 19,855,288.
- "2914.0.55.002 2006 Census Ethnic Media Package" (EXCEL DOWNLOAD). Census Dictionary, 2006 (cat.no 2901.0). Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2007-06-27. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "3101.0 - Australian Demographic Statistics, Dec 2006 (rebased on 2006 Census results)". Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2007-06-19. Retrieved 2008-07-21. Estimated resident population, preliminary - 30 June 2006 in '000s were NSW 6 817.2 Vic 5 128.3 Qld 4 091.5 SA 1 568.2 WA 2 059.0 Tas 489.9 NT 210.7 ACT 334.2 Australia 20 701.5
-  Koreans in Australia
- Benns, Matthew (February 6, 2005). "Man who shot at Prince Charles becomes barrister". The Age (Fairfax Press). Retrieved 2008-11-24.
|This Australia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an ethnic group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Korea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|