Kosovan local elections, 2007
|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
Municipal elections were held in Kosovo on November 17, 2007, at the same time as elections to the Assembly of Kosovo, with a second round for the mayoral elections held on 2007-12-08. The date was originally set for September 1, 2007 by the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Joachim Rücker (head of the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo).
The elections were held in Kosovo's thirty municipalities, and for the first time, local mayors were directly elected.
Main contenders 
Three Kosovo Serb lists registered for the election very early:
In total, 50 lists participated the elections. Many of the lists participating in the local elections were Serbian, as opposed to the parliamentary elections, where only eight Serbian lists participated.
The Democratic Party of Kosovo, which won the Assembly election, and the New Kosovo Alliance agreed in early December 2007, prior to the second round of the elections, to form coalitions at the local level wherever possible.
The results of the mayoral elections in the thirty municipalities were as follows:
- Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK): 17 mayors
- Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK): 7 mayors
- Alliance for the Future of Kosovo (AAK): 3 mayors
According to the final results, party control of the municipal councils is as follows:
- Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK): 14 municipal council presidents
- Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK): 6 municipal council presidents
- Alliance for the Future of Kosovo (AAK): 3 municipal council presidents
Turnout in the second round was 31%.
- B92 - News - Politics - Thaci finds partner at municipal level
- Al Jazeera English - News - Un Announces Kosovo Elections
- B92 - News - Politics - UNMIK sets date for Kosovo elections
- B92 - News - Politics - Ruecker: No change in Serb municipalities
- B92 - News - Politics - 13 Serb lists in Kosovo ballots
- B92 - News - Politics - Thaci: West will recognize Kosovo independence
- B92 - News - Politics - Partial Serb participation in Kosovo vote
- PDK wins second round of Kosovo local elections (SETimes.com)
- B92 - News - Politics - Kosovo election results announced
|This Kosovan elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|