Kosovan local elections, 2009
|This article is outdated. (November 2010)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
|Constitution and law|
Local elections were held in Kosovo on 15 November and 13 December 2009. These were the first local elections to be held after Kosovo declared independence in February 2008. The elections were to elect mayors and municipal councils in 36 municipalities, and were contested by 37 ethnic Albanian parties and 21 Serbian lists. All citizens with a valid ID were able to vote in the elections.
The elections were still unfinished two months after starting. Many cities recounted votes or ordered fresh voting. 
- "Kosovo to hold municipal elections on November 15". Sofia Echo. 2009-06-17. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "Kosovo: Parties begin municipal election campaign". Adnkronos International. 2009-10-15. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "Feith: Kosovo ready for elections". Balkan Insight. 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2009-11-09.[dead link]
- "Kosovo begins recount of Gjilan/Gnjilane votes". setimes.com. 2010-01-08. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "Kosovo begins recount of Gjilan/Gnjilane votes". setimes.com. 2010-01-20. Retrieved 2010-11-09.[dead link]