Vasileiadis with the Anadolu Efes
|No. 7 – Unicaja Málaga|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
March 15, 1984 |
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Undrafted|
|2009||Sutor Basket Montegranaro|
|Career highlights and awards|
Konstantinos "Kostas" Vasileiadis (alternate spellings include: Costas, Vasiliadis, Vassiliadis) (Greek: Κωνσταντίνος "Κώστας" Βασιλειάδης; born March 15, 1984) is a Greek professional basketball player who currently plays for Unicaja Málaga of the Liga ACB. He is a 2.00 m (6 ft 6 ¾ in) tall swingman.
Vasileiadis was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, and raised in Kilkis, Greece. He started his professional career with PAOK of the Greek Basket League. He was the team captain of PAOK, and he played there for 6 years, from 2000 to 2006. He had an outstanding start to his career with the club, before joining Málaga of the Spanish ACB League.
Vasileiadis was a famous and popular player while he played with the Spanish giants Málaga during the 2006-07 season. The Spanish side was able to make an impact in European competitions, partly due to the play and efforts of Vasileiadis, while he was a member of the club. The fans of the club say that he will always be remembered and appreciated by them for his efforts and play for the team on the court.
On July 12, 2007, he signed a contract with the Greek Euroleague giants Olympiacos, despite them being rivals to his personal favorite club and previous team, PAOK. He helped Olympiacos to a second place finish in the Greek League during the 2007-08 season. Vasileiadis returned to PAOK for the 2008-09 season, as part of the club's revitalization movement under new ownership, after a previously poor 2007-08 season for the club. He was once again made the team's captain.
Before the 2008-09 season was over, he moved the Italian League club Sutor Basket Montegranaro. He signed a contract with the Spanish ACB League team Obradoiro CAB in August 2009. In 2010, he signed a 3-year contract with the Spanish club Bilbao Basket, with the third year being optional. He was named to the All-Eurocup First Team in 2013.
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
Greek national team
At the international level, Vasileiadis played as a youth with the junior men's Greek national teams. He won the bronze medal at both the 2002 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and the 2003 FIBA Under-19 World Championship, where he was also named to the All-Tournament Team. He was named to the 2004 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship All-Tournament Team, which he also led in scoring.
He also won the silver medal and was voted to the All-Tournament Team at the 2005 FIBA Under-21 World Championship, which was held in Argentina. He is also a member of the senior men's Greek national basketball team. With Greece's senior national team, he played at EuroBasket 2011. He also played at the 2012 FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
Awards and accomplishments
- Greek Youth All-Star Game MVP: (2004)
- 3x Greek League All-Star: (2005, 2006, 2008)
- FIBA EuroCup All Star: (2006)
- Spanish League Champion: (2006)
- All-Eurocup First Team: (2013)
Greek national team
- 2002 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship: Bronze
- 2003 FIBA Under-19 World Championship: Bronze
- 2003 FIBA Under-19 World Championship: All-Tournament Team
- 2004 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Top Scorer
- 2004 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: All-Tournament Team
- 2005 FIBA Under-21 World Championship: Silver
- 2005 FIBA Under-21 World Championship: All-Tournament Team
- Sportando.net - Bilbao inks Kostas Vasileiadis.
- Eurocupbasketball.com Star power fills 2012-13 All-Eurocup teams!
- "Anadolu Efes sign Kostas Vasileiadis". Sportando. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "Unicaja completes roster with Vasileiadis". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Kostas Vassiliadis' Official Website (Greek) and (English)
- Kostas Vassiliadis' Blog (Spanish)
- Euroleague.net Profile
- FIBA Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
- Italian League Profile (Italian)
- Draftexpress.com Profile
- Interbasket.net Greek Prospects