|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Uday Kotak, Chairman
D Kannan, Managing Director
|Products||Mobile Stock Trader
|Total assets||2250 crore|
|Parent||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
Kotak Securities Limited, a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, is the stock broking and distribution arm of the Kotak Mahindra Group. One of the oldest broking houses in India, its operations include stock broking and distribution of various financial products. It is a corporate member of both the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Kotak Securities was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
As of June 30, 2010, Kotak Securities has Rs. 2250 crore of "assets under management" (AUM). The company also has a research division involved in macroeconomic studies, sectoral research and company-specific equity research, which regularly publishes stock market analysis.
- 1995: The brokerage and distribution businesses of Kotak Mahindra Bank are incorporated into a separate company named Kotak Securities.
- 2000: Kotak Securities launches its online broking site (www.kotaksecurities.com). Also, the company commences private equity activity by setting up Kotak Mahindra Venture Capital Fund.
- 2006: Kotak Securities Launches Kotak Flat
- 2007: Kotak lines up PMS based on small caps
- 2008: Kotak Securities launches a GEMS portfolio.
- 2009: Kotak Securities launches online trading in currency derivatives
Awards and accolades
- Overall Best Equity Broking House and Depository Participant of the Year for the year 2013
- Fastest growing Equity Broking House by BSE IPF - D&B Equity Broking Awards for the year 2012
- The Best Equity House in India by FinanceAsia for the year 2012
- Voted as Best Local Cash Manager
- Awarded Best Brokerage Firm in India by Asiamoney three times in a row from 2006 to 2008
- Named Best Performing Equity Broker in India in the CNBC Financial Advisor Awards 2008
- Won the Avaya Customer Responsiveness in the Financial Services Sector Award consecutively in 2006 and 2007
- Named the Leading Equity House in India in Thomson Extel Surveys Awards, 2007
- Won the Euromoney Award in 2005 for Best Equities House in India and in 2006 and 2007 for Best Provider of Portfolio Management: Equities
- Won the Finance Asia Award in 2004 for India’s Best Equity House and in 2005 for Best Broker in India
- Won the Prime Ranking Award (2003–04) for largest distributor of IPOs
- Best Broker in India by FinanceAsia for 2010 & 2009
- UTI MF – CNBC TV18 Financial Advisor Awards - Best Performing Equity Broker (National) for the year 2009
- Best Brokerage Firm in India by Asia0money in 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2006
- Best Performing Equity Broker in India – CNBC Financial Advisor Awards 2008
- Avaya Customer Responsiveness Awards (2007 & 2006) in Financial Services Sector
- The Leading Equity House in India in Thomson Extel Surveys Awards for the year 2007
- Euromoney Award (2007 & 2006) - Best Provider of Portfolio Management: Equities
- Euromoney Award (2005)-Best Equities House In India
- Finance Asia Award (2004)- India's best Equity House
References and notes
- "Kotak Securities Ltd.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Kotak Securities - Company Profile". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Kotak Securities.com launches ‘Kotak Flat’ - Deccan Herald - Internet Edition". Archive.deccanherald.com. 2006-08-08. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- Rajesh Abraham / Mumbai May 15, 2007 (2007-05-15). "Kotak lines up PMS based on small caps". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "GEMS from Kotak Securities". The Hindu Business Line. 2008-02-10. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Kotak Securities launches online trading in currency derivatives". The Times Of India. 2009-03-03.
- Kotak Securities (2013-03-18). "Kotak has won three prestigious accolades at FinanceAsia country awards for achievements". Kotaksecurities.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Kumar (2010-09-27). "Kotak Mahindra Bank Bags another Accolade". Indiaprwire.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- From Ruth David. "India best bank and trading houses". Asiamoney.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "UTI Mutual Fund and CNBC-TV18 announces winners of Financial Advisors awards 2008-09". Indiainfoline.com. 2009-09-25. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Avaya GlobalConnect - Customer Responsiveness Awards". Agcnetworks.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- [dead link]
- "Kotak Securities reaches out to consumers with its unique Mobile Stock Trading app". Pressrelease Monkey. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- Securities, Kotak. "Kotak Securities". Crunchbase Article for Kotak Securities. Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 1 December 2011.