|Elevation||517 m (1,696 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kotma is located at  It has an average elevation of 517 metres (1696 feet). Kotma is a last municipality and Tehseel in distt.Anuppur, State of Madhya Pradesh. Situated near Kewai river. It is located in the border of Chhattisgarh. Manendragarh is the nearest town from kotma which is situated in Chhattisgarh..
As of 2011[update] India census, Kotma had a population of 48484. Males constitute 59% of the population and females 41%. Kotma has an average literacy rate of 51%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 58%, and female literacy is 44%. In Kotma, 20% of the population is under 6 years of age. There is a large temporary population working in coalmines. The common language used is Baghelkhandi- a dialect of Hindi. The town has several schools and colleges.
The region around the town is abundant in coal and several coal mines (all owned by a government owned company- South Eastern Coalfields Limited operate around Kotma. The region has good forest cover containing mostly Sal, Tendu and Mahua trees. Besides coal mines, at present there is no significant industry. There is trade in agricultural and forest produce.The town is a commercial hub to surrounding villages. Agriculture is rain fed and exposed to vagaries of monsoon.A new wave of fast economic growth is expected with a few thermal power plants being planned around Kotma. A project to retrieve Coal Bed Methane from deep coal mines is being tested by Reliance Industries- India's biggest private company.
- Gulab Higher Secondary School Jamuna Colliery
- BSN Higher Secondary School Kotma-Colliery Bhalumara
- Dariya bhatta school bhalumara
- khaleel school bhalumara
- SECL School bhalumara
- Gangadhari higher secondary scchool bhalumara
- Sharada viyda mandir bhalumara
- Ambedkar school bhalumara
- Republic Convent English Medium School, Kotma
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Kotma
- Saraswati Higher Secondary School, Kotma
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jamuna
- Govt Boys School, Kotma
- Govt Girls School, Kotma
- JEM, Jamuna
- Greenland public school, Kotma
- St. Joseph Convent School, Kotma
- Govt.Maharaja martand college for Commerce,Arts and Science, Kotma
- S.A.B.M. higher secondary school, Bhalumara
- DIGITAL COLLAGE FOR COMPUTER APPLICATION
- Govt. ITI Collage
- Govt. M.M DEGREE COLLEGE KOTMA
- Gulab School, Kotma
- Gyan Prakash ITI Institute
- Balaji ITI Institute
- Touch Institute for MBA, MSW,MSC(CS),BJMC.MJMC, IN AFFILATED IN MAHARISHI VADIC UNIVERCITY JABALPUR(MP) AND DR CV RAMAN UNIVERCITY BILASPUR(CG).
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kotma
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Kotma Cola Mine". Retrieved 2010-04-14.