Kottakkal Madhu (born October 26, 1968) is a Sopana music singer and composer from Kottakkal, Kerala, who specializes in the Kathakali related music . He was born to K. Govindan Nair and K. Sathyabhama. He initially learned his music from Parameswara Iyer. Subsequently, in 1980, he joined P.S.V. Natyasangham at Kottakkal, an institute for learning performing arts, to learn Kathakali vocal music. He later became a senior faculty member at the P.S.V. Natyasangham. He has composed music in many kathakali performances in India and toured Switzerland once with the P.S.V. Natyasangham group.
He was a recipient of the T.V. Kochaniyan award, constituted in memory of the former chairman of the Kerala Kalamandalam, to encourage young artistes. He is married to Vrinda and has two daughters Krishnendu and Keerthana.
As a singer, Madhu is known for experimenting with newer nuances in the Raga vistara (elaboration of a Raga) and introducing new Ragas. This has particularly endeared him to the younger audiences of Kathakali.
- Cyberkerala - Kottakkal Madhu
- The Hindu - Consummate performer of female roles
- The Hindu - Helping hand to Kathakali
- Invis Multimedia.com - Vocal: Kottakkal Madhu
- List of kathakalipadams sung by Madhu from kathakalipadam.com: A comprehensive database for kathakali music with streaming
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|