|Time zone||Sri Lanka Standard Time Zone (UTC+5:30)|
Kottawa (කොට්ටාව ) is a suburb of Colombo city, Sri Lanka, administered by the Maharagama Urban Council. Located 21 km from Colombo, it can be reached via A4 (Colombo - Batticaloa) highway and by train on via the Kelani Valley Railway Line. The northern end of the Southern Expressway is about 2 km east of Kottawa on the High Level Road (A4) and the Outer Colombo Circular Highway also extends from here towards north.
The name Kottawa is derived from the Sinhalese kotten awa. by the time the name was shortened to "Kottawa".
Kottawa town is located alongside the High Level Road (A4) between the Pannipitiya and Homagama.Kottawa town shows a potential to become a key landmark in Sri Lanka's road systems due to the development of highways.
Kottawa is also famous for its Penta-junction & the Great Kottawa Yellow line, which is the Longest Yellow line in Sri Lanka.
- Kottawa Dharmapala Maha Vidyalaya
- Ananda Vidyalaya, Kottawa
- Kottawa North Dharmapala Vidyalaya
- Vidyana Maha Vidyalaya
- Vijayagosa Vidyalaya
Kottawa Railway Station is located approximately 200m from Kottawa Junction along the Kottawa-Athurugiriya Road
Bus Routes heading through Kottawa:
- 99 - Colombo (Pettah) - Badulla / Passara / Welimada / Lunugala / Bibila
- 122 – Pettah - Avissawella / Rathnapura / Embilipitiya / Rakwana / Suriyawewa / Kataragama
- 124 – Maharagama – Ihala bope
- 125 – Pettah / Maharagama – Padukka / Ingiriya
- 128/1 - Maharagama - Munamalewatta
- 138 - Pettah - Kottawa / Homagama / Maharagama / Mattegoda / Rukmalgama / Athurugiriya
- 138/2 – Pettah - Mattegoda
- 138/3 – Pettah – Rukmalgama
- 138/4 – Pettah - Athurugiriya
- 280 – Maharagama - Horana
- E01 - Maharagama - Galle
- E01 - Maharagama - Matara
Bus Routes terminating at Kottawa
- 128 – Kiriwaththuduwa / Yakahaluwa / Thalagala
- 129 – Moragahahena
- 138 – Pettah
- 174 – Borella
- 255 – Mt.Lavinia
- 296 – Piliyandala
- 342 – Piliyandala (via Polgasowita)
- 336 – Malabe
- 336/1 - Malabe(via Horahena)
- "Kottawa city". Lanka.info. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
|This Western Province, Sri Lanka location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|