Kourtney Kardashian in 2009
|Born||Kourtney Mary Kardashian
April 18, 1979
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Scott Disick (2006–present)|
Kourtney Mary Kardashian (born April 18, 1979) is an American television personality, fashion designer, and model. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, she first garnered media attention through her then-friend Paris Hilton. In 2007, she and her family were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Its success has led to the creation of spin-offs including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami and Kourtney and Kim Take New York.
With sisters Kim and Khloé, Kardashian is involved in the retail and fashion industries. They have launched several clothing collections and fragrances, and additionally released the book Kardashian Konfidential in 2010.
Life and career
1979–2003: Early life and childhood
Kourtney was born in Los Angeles, California on April 18, 1979, to parents Robert and Kris (née Houghton). She has two younger sisters Kim and Khloé, and a younger brother Rob. Their mother is of Dutch, English, and Scottish ancestry, while their father was of Armenian ancestry. After their parents divorced in 1991, Houghton remarried to the 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Bruce Jenner in 1991. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained step-brothers Burton "Burt", Brandon, and Brody; step-sister Casey; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie.
As a teenager, she attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles. Following graduation, she moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Southern Methodist University for two years. Kourtney then lived in Tucson, Arizona where she graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor's degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Spanish. Her classmates included Nicole Richie and Luke Walton. In 1994, her father garnered public attention as the primary defense lawyer for football player O.J. Simpson during his murder trial. In 2003, Robert Kardashian was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, and died that September.
2004–08: Career beginnings
Kardashian first became known to reality-television audiences on the 2004 series, Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive, on which she earned money for charity. In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kim Kardashian and her former boyfriend Ray J in 2003 was leaked, which largely contributed to her rise to prominence. Later that year, Kourtney Kardashian, in addition to her mother Kris; her step-father Bruce; her siblings Kim, Khloé, and Rob; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The series proved successful for E!, the network on which it is broadcast, and has led to the creations of spin-offs including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar and Kourtney and Kim Take New York .
Kourtney and her mother opened children's clothing boutiques called Smooch in the Los Angeles area and New York City; the boutiques carry the brand Crib Rock Couture. With sisters Kim and Khloe, Kardashian co-owns and operates D-A-S-H, a clothing boutique in Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, and the Hamptons.
2009–present: International Success
In the spring of 2010, Kardashian and her sisters released a clothing line for Bebe. In August 2010, Kardashian announced that she and her sisters were working on another clothing line called K-Dash, sold on QVC. Kardashian and her sisters created a sunless tanner called Kardashian Glamour Tan in 2010. Kardashian wrote the book "Kardashian Konfidential" with her sisters Khloe and Kim; it was released in November 2010.
Kardashian made her acting debut with a guest appearance on the ABC soap One Life to Live on March 28, 2011, appearing as attorney Kassandra Kavanaugh. Kardashian, who had grown up watching the soap opera and described her appearance as the realization of a "lifelong dream", had reservations about her acting debut, stating: "I'd thought I'd have two lines. But my script is so long ... I'm not an actress." Her performance, however, was not met with positive reviews from critics. In September 2012, she and younger sister Kim created another spinoff reality television series, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami which began airing in January 2013. It features their mother Kris Jenner and sister Khloé Kardashian.
Kardashian with her sisters Khloe and Kim are spokeswomen for the diet supplement Quick Trim. In March 2012, Kardashian and her sisters Kim and Khloe were named in a $5 million class action lawsuit against QuickTrim, the weight loss supplement they endorse. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, accuses the Kardashians (along with QuickTrim’s manufacturer, Windmill Health Products; the retailer GNC; and others in the sales and marketing chain) of false and deceptive marketing of the diet aid. The plaintiffs, hailing from several states, brought claims under their respective states’ consumer protection laws. Kardashian also represents the skincare line "PerfectSkin" with her sisters, which was developed by Dr. Ron DiSalvo for Perfect Science Labs. The three sisters also released a jewelry line for Virgins, Saints, and Angels. The 20 piece collection debuted in March 2010. The jewelry is reflective of the Kardashians' Armenian heritage.
She began dating Scott Disick in early 2007, prior to her family's reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The couple have had an on-again, off-again relationship, all throughout the filming of the show. Kourtney gave birth to their son, Mason Dash Disick, on December 14, 2009. Mason's birth was filmed and aired during the 4th season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
The couple temporarily moved to Miami with their son and Kardashian's sister, Kim, in early 2010. During this time, Kardashian believed Disick had an alcohol problem. After regularly attending therapy and temporarily giving up alcohol, Disick and Kardashian reconciled and they continued their relationship in mid 2010.
In 2011, during the final episode in the first season of Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Disick purchased an engagement ring and planned to propose to Kardashian during an evening meal in New York City. However when Disick asked Kardashian's opinion on marriage she said that she responded with "if things are so good now... why would we want to change that?", so he did not propose. Kourtney gave birth to their daughter, Penelope Scotland Disick, on July 8, 2012.
In June 2014, it was announced that the couple are expecting their third child together, due in December 2014.
|2011||One Life to Live||Kassandra Kavanaugh||TV series (1 episode)|
|2005||Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive||TV series|
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||TV series|
|2009–2010||Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami||TV series|
|2010-2011||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||TV series|
|2011–2012||Khloé & Lamar||Guest star, 4 episodes|
|2013||Kourtney and Kim Take Miami||TV series|
- Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian (November 2010). Kardashian Konfidential St. Martin's Press. ISBN: 9-78031262-807-9.
- "Kimberly Noel Kardashian, Born 10/21/1980 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Nick Sagimbeni (January 10, 2013). "Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Robert, Kylie and Kendall Kardashian". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kim Kardashian (June 11, 2008). "Monuments And Momentous Times In Monte Carlo". KimKardashian.Celebuzz.com. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian's anger as Turkish Cosmo puts her on the cover as Armenia marks Genocide Remembrance Day". Daily Mail. Daily Mail and General Trust. April 12, 2011. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Real Story Behind Robert Kardashian & Kris Jenner’s Divorce Revealed: And It’s Nasty!". Radar Online. American Media. January 14, 2012. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Stephanie Hallett (February 18, 2012). "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner's Marriage: 10 Things You Didn't Know". The Huffington Post. AOL. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Jeff Mayish (May 1, 2013). "Ex-nanny to the Kardashians reveals Kris Jenner's temper and an O.J. Simpson trial kidnap scare". Daily News. Mortimer Zuckerman. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Now Kendall and Kylie Jenner leave Kim, Kanye and Kris to join father Bruce at 'palatial Malibu beach pad' for the summer". Daily Mail. Daily Mail and General Trust. June 28, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian Was Voted 'Most Likely To Lie About Her Ethnicity' In High School". The Huffington Post. AOL. July 10, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Biography". Askmen.com. Retrieved May 1, 2008.
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. October 3, 2003. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian on Sex Tape: 'A Tape Does Exist'". Extra. NBCUniversal. February 7, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Ray J Sends ‘Love & Congratulations’ To Kim Kardashian & Kanye West". Access Hollywood. NBCUniversal. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kimberly Nordyke (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Karen (August 16, 2013). "Scott Disick is the Father of Mason Disick!". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Dziemianowicz, Joe (October 21, 2009). "Kardashian Sisters Team Up with Bebe to Create Clothing Line". New York Daily News. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashian Sisters Get Stylish and Sexy with Bebe". The Houston Chronicle. May 13, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashians Show Off Legs in Bebe Collaboration". Palm Beach Post. February 16, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "The Kardashians Collaborated With Janie Bryant on a Clothing Line". New York Magazine. August 27, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Hargrave, Hannah (May 29, 2010). "Kim Kardashian Launches New Self Tanner... And It Looks like She Could Do with Some Herself". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Quenqua, Douglas (June 2, 2010). "‘Jersey Shore,’ Without the Sun". The New York Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kim, Khloe and Kourtney to Write a Book: Kardashian Konfidential". UsMagazine.com.
- Marc Malkin (November 10, 2010). "Kourtney Kardashian's New Job: Drama Queen!". ca.eonline.com. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Acting Debut on One Life to Live". People. Time Inc. March 30, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Schuttle, Lauren (March 29, 2011). "Kourtney Kardashian Makes 'One Life to Live' Debut". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kris Jenner Defends Kourtney Kardashian’s Acting Debut". Access Hollywood, NBCUniversal. March 31, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 17, 2012). "'Kourtney & Kim Take Miami' Returns With New Kardashian Additions". MTV News, Viacom. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Quick Trim". Quick Trim.com. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- "Quick Trim FAQ". QuickTrim.com. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- "Kardashian Sisters Sued over Endorsement of Weight-Loss Product - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- "In Time for Bikini Season, Kardashians Face Lawsuit Over Endorsement of Diet Aids". The National Law Review. Ifrah Law. July 8, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "PerfectSkin". PerfectSkinnow.com. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Moore, Booth; Critic, Fashion (May 2, 2010). "Celebrities and Jewelry: Learning Their Lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Chloe Melas (16 September 2012). "‘KUWTK’ Finale: Kourtney Kardashian Pulls Baby Out While Giving Birth — Watch". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Gina Serpe (30 November 2011). "Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick: Anatomy of a Baby-Making Duo!". E!. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Life & Style Exclusive: Scott Disick Buys An Engagement Ring!". Life and Style Magazine. 26 October 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Stephen M. Silverman (9 July 2012). "Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick Have a Baby Girl". People. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Is Pregnant, Expecting Third Baby With Scott Disick!". Yahoo!. 4 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kourtney Kardashian.|