|Elevation||15 m (49 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kovur is located at  It has an average elevation of 15 meters (52 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, had a population of 48,512. Males constitute 52.6.7% of the population and females 47.4%. Kovur has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 68.7%: male literacy is 82.14%, and female literacy is 78.11%.
Kovur is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh and biggest in Nellore District. There are 2,53,095 registered voters in Kovur constituency in 2009 elections.
List of elected members:
- 1978 - Pellakuru Ramachandra Reddy
- 1983, 1985 and 1989 - Nallapareddy Sreenivasulu Reddy
- 1993, 1994 and 1999 - Nallapareddy Prasanna Kumar Reddy 
- 2004 - polamreddy srenivasulu reddy
- 2009 - Nallapareddy Prasanna Kumar Reddy
- 2012- Nallapareddy prasanna kumar Reddy
- Falling Rain Genomics.Kovur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Election Commission of India. AP Assembly results.1978-2004
- 123telugu.com.AP Assembly results 2009