|— Town —|
|Elevation||15 m (49 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kovur is located at  It has an average elevation of 15 meters (52 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, had a population of 24,691. Males constitute 51.7% of the population and females 48.3%. Kovur has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 68.7%: male literacy is 82.14%, and female literacy is 78.11%.
Assembly constituency 
Kovur is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh and biggest in Nellore District. There are 2,53,095 registered voters in Kovur constituency in 2009 elections.
Elected members 
List of elected members:
- 1978 - Pellakuru Ramachandra Reddy
- 1983, 1985 and 1989 - Nallapareddy Sreenivasulu Reddy
- 1993, 1994 and 1999 - Nallapareddy Prasanna Kumar Reddy 
- 2004 - polamreddy srenivasulu reddy
- 2009 - Nallapareddy Prasanna Kumar Reddy
- 2012- Nallapareddy prasanna kumar Reddy
Assembly Election Results
- 2012 - NALLAPAREDDY PRASANNA KUMAR REDDY Won with 42.00 votes %
- 2009 - NALLAPAREDDY PRASANNA KUMAR REDDY Won with 43.32 votes %
- 2004 - POLAMREDDY SRINIVASULU REDDY Won with 43.04 votes %
- 1999 - NALLAPAREDDY PRASANNA KUMAR REDDY Won with 60.98 votes %
- 1994 - NALLAPAREDDY PRASANNA KUMAR REDDY Won with 64.91 votes %
- 1989 - NALLAPAREDDI SREENIVASULU REDDY Won with 52.81 votes %
- 1985 - NALLAPAREDDI SREENIVASULU REDDY Won with 60.38 votes %
- 1983 - NALLAPAREDDI SREENIVASULU REDDY Won with 51.50 votes %
- 1978 - PELLAKURU RAMACANDRA REDDY Won with 57.35 votes %
- Kovur is situated on the north side of city of Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is very near to the Nellore city (i.e., 3.5km) compared with many suburbs which comes into the Nellore city limits.Kovur is part on Nellore City.
- Kovur is agriculture based area. it is the major rice bowl of Nellore, which is famous for "Nellore Molagolukulu" a beautiful mild fragrance thin rice like jasmine flower. In olden days Jasmine flowers were exported to France via Madras for perfume making.
- The great translator of "MAHABHARATAM" to Telugu version "Mr. THIKKANA"is born in this place. He wrote Mahabharatam in Telugu by sitting on the banks of "Penna" river. the stone shelter is still remaining there in the Telugu name "Thikkana Mahabharatam rachinchina mandiram" (rachinchina = written, Mandiram = House)in Telugu language.
Industries: NTS: Nellore Thermal Power station (Electricity Production plant) at Kovur, 5 km from Nellore has been closed for reasons of what he describes as `non-viability' and it was converted to AP TransCo.
Kovur Cooperative Sugar Factory: The Factory was established in the year 1979 with a crushing capacity of 1250 TCD. Since the factory is working at more than its capacity utilization and adequate cane in available in the area, the factory is expanding its capacity to 2500 TCD at a total cost of about Rs. 14 crores which is being funded by National cooperative development corporation through State Government and Sugar Development fund. The expansion work is completed. With addition of new boilers and turbo alternator of high pressure, the existing unit can be utilized for individual cogeneration. The factory has planned for incidental cogeneration of 1.5 MW/hr which is under process.
And also having one new Granite production company.
Chowdary Family Restaurant - Near SaiBaba Temple, NH-5 R.K Restaurant - Near Bypass road, NH-5
Cinema Halls 
Kovur has 2 cinema halls.
Mythili Theatre and Srinivasa Theatre
TNC Govt. Boys HighSchool
St.Pauls Eng med High school
Vijetha Public School
Sumedha Eng med High school
VASISTA English Medium High School
Govt Girls High school
Little Angels High school
New Little Flowers High School
Ratnam Concept School
Raghava Public School
Mother Teresa High School
Kerala English Medium High School
Priyadarshini EM School
TNC Govt. Junior College
Govt Degree College
NSR Jr. College
Srinivasa Degree College
Siva Sai Jr. College
After education many students of kovur traveled abroad to study in prestigious Universities and some settled in appropriate jobs. The main job sector is software engineering. People of Kovur settled in several countries including USA, UK, Australia, Germany, Canada,Netherlands, Czech Republic, and middle east. Among the many, few people are doing promising medical research, which include Madhu Kollareddy (Resident of Santhinagar), currently pursuing PhD (Czech Republic) in Cancer related research. He has two publications (Madhu Kollareddy et al., Biomedical Papers: 2008, Madhu Kollareddy et al., Investigational New Drugs: 2012, Patent no. 2402, European Patent Office) and also an inventor of one patent. Famous Film Producer Dr. M. Tirupati Reddy Studied in Kovur and passed SSLC in 1962 from J B M Z P High School Kovur NL
- Falling Rain Genomics.Kovur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Election Commission of India. AP Assembly results.1978-2004
- 123telugu.com.AP Assembly results 2009
Newly elected tajmahal is in this area only Tharak Nadh