|Elevation||632 m (2,073 ft)|
|Population (2001) area_magnitude= sq. km|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 27|
Kovur is located at (15.216667, 79.91666). Its surrounding Villages are Muppalla, SingaraguntaBotlaPalem, Patha SingaraguntaBotlaPalem, Pandalapadu, Jillelamoodi, NarisettyvariPalem and YerraguntaPalem.
- Winter: January and February
- Summer: March to June
- South West Monsoons - July to September
- North East Monsoons - October to December
As of the 2001 India census, Kovur had a population of 2,700. Males constitute 50.08% of the population and females 49.19%. The village has an average literacy rate of 41.5.The literacy rate of males in the village is 72% while that of females is 55%.
KOVUR VILLAGE POPULATION DETAILS :
- Households : 466
- Total Population : 2,700
- Male Population : 1,467
- Female Population : 1,233
- Kids Under 6 Yrs : 656
- Boys Under 6 Yrs : 128
- Girls Under 6 Yrs : 102
- Total Literates : 984
- Total Illiterates : 1,226
Temples in Kovur village
- TWO Sri Rama Temple's
- Ankamma Talli Temple
- Veera Brahmendra Swami Temple
- Poleramma Temple
Several lakes are located in Kovur. Including: Toorpu cheruvu, Chaviti cheruvu, Jammi Kunta, ChenchiReddy kunta, Valeti Kunta, Quanti kunta, and Sundaramma Kunta.
The village is a part of the Kandukur assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There were a total of 176,773 registered voters in the Kandukur constituency in the 1999 elections, and there are 1,500 registered voters in Kovur.
- 2013 N Malyadri
- 2006-2013 china venkaiah
- 1988-2005 Nadendla venkata Subba Rao.
- 1982-1988 Konka Venkata Subbaiah .
- 1975 kakumani Kondiah.
*1960-1975 Male Rami Reddy .
List of MPTC's
- 2006–present Darukumalli Menamma
- 2001-2006 Nadella Ravanamma
- 1996-2001 Uppu Kotamma
List of MLA's
- 1978 - Divi Kondaiah Choudary
- 1983 and 1985 - Sri Manugunta Adinarayana Reddy
- 1989 and 1994 - Manugunta Maheedhar reddy
- 1994 and 1999 - Divi Sivaram
- 1999 and 2004 - Divi Sivaram
- 2004 and 2009 - Manugunta Maheedhar reddy
- 2009 and 2014 - Manugunta Maheedhar Reddy
- 2014 Present - Potula Rama Rao
Kovur has six Govt. Schools (l.k.g to 7th Class). These schools had served so many people around Kandukur and A.P. who are in various positions in Government and Private Organisations. 
Kovur is famous for its agriculture, particularly tobacco farming. Kandukur Region is one the regions where the bright quality (Varginia) Tobacco is cultivated. CTRI (Central Tobacco Research Institute) has been set up in Kandukur for the research on the tobacco.
- Kovur has APSRTC Bus service from Kandukur and more than 12 Autos serving the people for their daily needs.
- Nearest Railway Station is Singarayakonda.
- The nearest International Airport is about 250 km North in Vijayawada from kovur. Land acquisition is going on for the construction of a new airport 50 km from Kovur(i.e. Ongole).
All major Telugu news papers like Sakshi, Eenadu, AndhraJyothi and Vaartha are read, which are published from Ongole. The popular TV Channels are state wide Telugu cable channels Gemini, Maa TV, ETV,Teja and all other news channels, Hindi, English Movie channels,Local cable channels are available.
- Population Details. Census India. Retrieved on 2008-07-05.
- Pin codes of Prakasam district
- Kovur Village. Our Village India. Retrieved on 2008-07-11.
- Election Commission of India.mmp results.1978-2004
- School Information Form. Department of School Education. Retrieved on 2008-07-11.