|Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego|
|Students||7,450 (academic year 2013/14)|
|Athletics||12 Varsity Teams|
European Law Faculties Association
The Global Compact
Kozminski University (formerly known as Leon Kozminski Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management, in Polish Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego) is a private, non profit business school in Warsaw, Poland, considered to be "Poland’s highest rated private university". It was established in 1993 and named after Leon Koźmiński, a Polish professor of economics and entrepreneurship, and also the father of Andrzej Koźmiński, who was the founder and the first rector of the school. It is one of 59 top business schools in the world with "triple crown accreditation (EQUIS, AMBA, AACSB)". Less than 1% of business education providers worldwide hold these three major international quality accreditations.
The school runs programs in Polish and in English at bachelor, master, postgraduate, MBA and doctorate levels in management, finance, law, European studies, sociology, psychology in management and administration.
As of 2011, it is the only private business school in Poland with full doctorate (since 1998) and habilitation (since 2003) granting rights in management. It is also entitled by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education to grant PhD titles in law and economics (since 2009).
In 1999 Kozminski University was the first business school in Central and Eastern Europe to receive EQUIS accreditation. In 2005 the accreditation was extended to the full, unconditional one. Kozminski University was also the first business school in Central and Eastern Europe accredited by AACSB (since 2011), AMBA, and CEEMAN. Kozminski University is also the only business school in Poland accredited with distinction by National Accreditation Committee. In addition, the university is a full member of ELFA (European Law Faculties Association) and EUA (European University Association).
- March 1993 - Minister of Education entered the School of Entrepreneurship and Management in the register of non-state universities.
- October 1993 - The University obtained the right to education at the undergraduate majoring in management and marketing.
- 1996 - The power to conduct consistent and complementary degree majoring in management and marketing.
- 1997 - Eligibility to undergraduate majoring in finance and banking.
- 1998 - The decision to launch a new field of study: administration . The Central Commission for Scientific Titles and Degrees awarded the University the right to confer the degree of doctor of economic sciences in the field of management science.
- 1999 - European Foundation for Management Development EFMD awarded EQUIS accreditation Kozminski University - European Quality Improvement (European Quality Improvement System. KU was the 16th business school in Europe to be accredited by EQUIS.
- 2000 - Decision of the Bureau of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Polish Kozminski Academy was granted the status of university membership CRASP, as the only non-public university in this group .
- 2001 - Kozminski Academy gained the power to conduct a five-year master's programs in law and the powers to pursue graduate studies in finance and banking.
- 2002 - Eligibility to graduate majoring in administration.
- 2003 - Eligibility to higher professional studies in sociology. Decision of the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management. Kozminski University was granted the rights issue the postdoctoral degree in economic sciences in the discipline of management science.
- 2004 - The psychology of management and European studies programs are launched. Kozminski Academy is granted rights for doctoral studies in management.
- 2005 - The University received the confirmation for unconditional accreditation of EQUIS - the European Quality Improvement System.
- 2006 - Professor Witold ceremony of conferring an honorary doctorate Kieżun Kozminski Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management . Kozminski University (Poland's first honorary doctorate awarded by the University nonpublic).
- 2008 - The Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles decided to grant the Academy of Management and Entrepreneurship Kozminski authority to confer the degree of doctor of economic sciences in the discipline of economics. Moreover, the university has been accredited by AMBA for MBA programs. The minister of Science and Higher Education gave the university permission to conduct second degree in sociology and changed the name of the university from Academy of Management and Entrepreneurship Kozminski to Kozminski University .
- 2009 – Kozminski University received authorization to conduct studies I and II degree in economics. In addition, the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles decided to grant permission Kozminski University to award the degree of Doctor of Law in the discipline of law.
- 2013 – Kozminski University obtained the rights to award Ph.D. degrees in the field of finance.
Kozminski's 3,4 hectares campus consists of four buildings (A,B, C and D) with a total area of approximately 20 000 square meters and is located in Praga Północ a north-eastern district of Warsaw. The school has 6 large auditoriums (each seating between 100 and 200 people) as well as 26 classrooms (seating 50 to 100 people) and 24 workshop classrooms (seating up to 50 people). Larger classrooms and all auditoriums possess audio-visual equipment. The school owns 5 seminar and discussion group rooms, as well as a Senate Hall (seating 120 people), 4 computer labs and 2 server rooms. The 3 cafeterias are available for faculty and students and are located on the premises as well as a bookstore, 2 photocopying offices, 5 coffee machines, a cash machine, a post office, 5 student organization offices and 3 guest apartments for visiting faculty members. Furthermore, there are 98 fully equipped faculty and administration offices.
Kozminski University is the publisher of a quarterly academic journal the Management and Business Administration. Central Europe. "MBA.CE" is a national scientific periodical about management in public and private sector institutions. The periodical is a dialogue platform for scientists and practicians. "MBA. CE" includes articles regarding the following fields: human resource management, theory of organization, strategic management, corporate order, managerial economy, accounting and finance. The articles can be based in such disciplines as economy, psychology, sociology or law. Moreover, MBA. CE" is included in the list of periodicals receiving 8 points from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Cienski, Jan (2008) "School profile: Kozminski University", Financial Times online
- KOZMINSKI UNIVERSITY BECOMES THE FIRST SCHOOL IN POLAND TO EARN AACSB INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION - AACSB announcement
- AMBA guide
- "najlepsi w Europie Środkowej" (The best in Central Europe) a newspaper article in "Rzeczpospolita", 19 May 2011
- Management and Business Administration. Central Europe