|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
kppp main screen
|Developer(s)||Bernd Johannes Wuebben, Mario Weilguni, Harri Porten|
|Stable release||2.3.2 / July 21, 2005|
kppp is generally used to connect to an internet service provider via a modem and phone line, although it can be used in other situations where the PPP protocol is needed. It is a graphical frontend to the pppd daemon, designed to make it easy for non-technical users to connect to the internet from home using their KDE system.
- Phone accounting: helps you manage your telephone bill.
- Network configuration: DNS, IP address, ...
- Modem settings: volume, device location (e.g., /dev/modem)
- Plots a graph of received and sent packages through the connection.
- Provides a tray icon showing blinking lamps, denoting data transfers.