Kranji MRT Station
Platform view of Kranji MRT station.
|Location||960 Woodlands Road
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Opened||10 February 1996|
When the North South Line Woodlands Extension was proposed in 1990, Kranji MRT station was not included on this planned route. It was later included as a provisional station to be built at a later stage. However, the government later decided to construct this station as part of the extension and also to serve the Singapore Turf Club This station was opened on 10 February 1996 along with the other five stations on the Woodlands Extension. There were initial plans for a KTM railway station to be located near the station, to serve passengers travelling to and from Johor Bahru and the rest of Peninsula Malaysia. This proposal has since been shelved due to the fall-out from the Malaysia–Singapore Points of Agreement of 1990.
Following numerous incidents of commuters falling on the tracks and unauthorized intrusions, the Land Transport Authority made the decision in 2008 to install half height platform screen doors (HHPSD) for all above-ground stations in phases. HHPSDs started operating on 14 March 2012, the last set of gates on the system to go operational. All the elevated MRT stations have Half-height Platform Screen Doors in operation with effect from 14 March 2012.
High volume, low speed (HVLS) fans
Station installed with Rite Hite Revolution High Volume, Low Speed (HVLS) fans and commenced operations on 27 November 2012 together with Yew Tee.
|L2||Platform A||North South Line towards via Jurong East (→) Yew Tee|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform B||North South Line towards via Marina South Pier (←) Marsiling|
|L1||NSL Concourse||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Station Control, Singapore Turf Club|
|Street Level||Singapore Turf Club|
- A: Singapore Turf Club
- B to D: Kranji (Woodlands Road)
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon – Sat||Sunday &
|North South Line|
|to NS1 Jurong East||5.43am||6.07am||12.09am|
|to NS28 Marina South Pier||5.22am||5.38am||11.09pm|
|to NS19 Toa Payoh||–||–||11.45pm|
|to NS16 Ang Mo Kio||–||–||12.17am|
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (November 10, 2003). "Woodlands MRT line". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (November 11, 2003). "Kranji MRT station". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Wong, Siew Ying (January 26, 2008). "Above-ground MRT stations to have platform screen doors by 2012". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- CNA (March 14, 2012). "LTA completes installing elevated MRT station screen doors early". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved March 14, 2012.