From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Kreutzer Sonata (disambiguation))
The title "Kreutzer Sonata" most commonly refers to:
- Violin Sonata No. 9 (Beethoven), an 1803 work written by Ludwig van Beethoven dedicated to Rodolphe Kreutzer
It also refers to the central and eponymous work of Rita Dove's long poem "Sonata Mulattica."
Books, music and plays
- The Kreutzer Sonata, an 1889 novella by Leo Tolstoy, taking its title from the work by Beethoven
- String Quartet No. 1 (Janáček), subtitled Kreutzer Sonata, a 1923 work by Moravian composer Leoš Janáček inspired by Tolstoy's novel
- Di Kreytser sonata (The Kreutzer Sonata), a 1902 play by Russian-American Jacob Michailovitch Gordin
- The Kreutzer Sonata (1915 film), a film by Herbert Brenon
- The Kreutzer Sonata (1987 film), a film by Mikhail Shveytser
- The Kreutzer Sonata (2008 film), a film by Bernard Rose
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.