From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Krishna in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Krishna is a Sanskrit word (कृष्ण, kṛṣṇa) that means 'black' or 'dark blue'. It may refer to:
Certain other figures within Hinduism also have names transliterated as Krishna. These include (with added phonetic spellings);
- Vyasa - Kṛṣṇa Dvaipāyana (the dark one born on an island)
- Draupadi - Kṛṣṇā Pānchali, कृष्णा, Krishnaa (the dark one the princess of Panchala, feminine form)
- Arjuna - he is called Kṛṣṇa in one instance toward the end of his life
- Durga - she is called Kṛṣṇā in the Virataparva (feminine form).
- Krishna Yajurveda (Black Yajurveda), one of the two samhitas (collections) of Yajurveda, Hindu religious text.
- Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, also known as Kṛṣṇa book
- The Krishnas, International Society for Krishna Consciousness (popularly called the "Hare Krishnas"), a Gaudiya Vaishnava religious movement
- Krishna River that flows through Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh (this should correctly be Kṛṣṇā, in feminine form)
- Krishna District, district of Andhra Pradesh, named after Krishna River
- Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary, a wildlife refuge in Andhra Pradesh
- Krishna, an extrasolar planet in L. Sprague de Camp's Viagens Interplanetarias science fiction stories
- Krishna I (756 - 774), was the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Dantidurga.
- Krishna II (878 - 914), was the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Amoghavarsha I.
- Krishna III (939 – 967), was the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Amoghavarsha III.
- Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895–1986), Indian philosopher.
- Krishna (actor), Telugu film actor
- Krishna Beura, Indian Playback Singer.
- Krishna Bhagavaan, Telugu film actor
- Krishna Bhanji, the birth name of actor Sir Ben Kingsley
- Krishna Chandra Bhattacharya, Hindu philosopher at Calcutta University
- Krishna Deva Raya (1509–1529 CE), famed emperor of the Vijayanagara Empire
- Krishna Kumar, Tamil and Malayalam film actor
- Krishna Kumari (actress), popular Indian Telugu film actress
- Krishna Menon (1897–1974), Indian Defence Minister during the Sino-Indian War
- Krishna Rao (disambiguation), one of the Indian names
- Krishna Savjani (b. 1947), Malawian lawyer
- Krishna Sekhar, Tamil film actor
- Krishna Vamsi, Telugu film director
- Lal Krishna Advani, Indian politician, Former President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Leader of the Opposition in the 14th Lok Sabha
- Lawrence Krishna Parker, aka KRS-One, American hip hop artist
- N. Krishna, Tamil film director
- S M Krishna, politician from Karnataka, former Chief Minister of Karnataka, former Governor of Maharashtra and current External Affairs Minister of India
- Tottempudi Krishna, Telugu film director
Films and other media
- Krishna (1996 film), a 1996 Bollywood film starring Sunil Shetty and Karisma Kapoor
- Krishna (2006 film), a 2006 computer-animated feature, the first one in Hindi
- Krishna (2007 film), a 2007 Kannada film starring Ganesh and Pooja Gandhi
- Krishna (2008 film), a 2008 Telugu film starring Ravi Teja and Trisha Krishnan
- Shri Krishnavataram, a 1967 Telugu film
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.