Krishnan Menon is a consumer marketer and television producer, and the founder and chief executive officer of PHENOMENON, a strategic marketing and branded entertainment think-tank.
Before founding PHENOMENON, Menon served as the Chief Strategy Officer of DDB North America. Previously, he had been President of Digitas’s west coast operations, running their San Francisco and Salt Lake City offices. He was also managing partner of the retail practice at the now defunct USWeb/CKS, working for CEO Joe Firmage. His clients have included Apple, Williams-Sonoma, American Express, Jet Blue, Xerox and The Home Depot. In 2000, he won his first Clio for his work on Williams-Sonoma.
Television and film career
Since venturing into TV in 2006, Menon created and executive produced America's Prom Queen, which aired on ABC Family, and has sold two scripted shows – Heir Apparent at FX written by Kevin Kennedy and Niels Mueller and executive produced by Menon and Jonathan Prince, and Genius Bar at CBS from writers Josh Sternin and Jeff Ventimilia, which was one of 2006’s richest put pilot commitments, and won by CBS in a spirited bidding contest against NBC and ABC. The show was based on an idea from Menon.
He has produced several product integration segments within popular reality shows, including The Celebrity Apprentice, Project Runway, and America's Next Top Model. In August 2010, Menon made a first-look development deal at Fox Television Studios. Under the agreement, FtvS will have first crack at Menon’s television and Internet content projects, which Menon reportedly is developing with brands attached.
In 2013, it was reported that Menon, along with Dan Lin and Roy Lee is executive producing the first live-action movie based on the Archie Comics. Warner Brothers bought the project, with Pitch Perfect director Jason Moore directing.
- Interactive Brief from AdWeek
- Digitas Names West Coast Chief
- Padmanabhan, Anil. "Indian Adventurers", India Today, New York, September 5, 2005.
- Digitas West Attracts All-Star e-Services Team
- Inc. 500 - Krishnan Menon of Phenomenon
- Andreeva, Nellie. "FtvS First-Look Deal With Krishnan Menon", Deadline Hollywood Daily, Los Angeles, 31 August 2010. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "CBS computes rich deal for 'Genius' pilot", Adweek, September 29, 2006. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.