|Birth name||Kristen Eubanks|
January 12, 1981 |
Greensboro, North Carolina
|Spouse(s)||Conor O'Brian (m. 2013)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Chrissy Cialis
|Billed height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Billed weight||130 lb (59 kg)|
|Billed from||Greensboro, North Carolina
San Diego, California
|Trained by||Jeff Rudd
Deep South Wrestling
Florida Championship Wrestling
Kristin Eubanks (born January 12, 1981) is an American professional wrestler, valet and model. She is better known by her ring name Krissy Vaine and also for her time in World Wrestling Entertainment. She also trained at WWE's developmental territories Deep South Wrestling and Florida Championship Wrestling before leaving the company on October 10, 2007 due to family issues.
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 Modeling career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 In wrestling
- 5 Championships and accomplishments
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2000–2006)
Eubanks made her wrestling debut in September 2000 as Special K, where she acted as a manager for wrestlers. By mid-2003, she transitioned from a managerial role to an in-ring competitor and subsequently adopted the ring name Krissy Vaine. In 2004, Vaine began teaming with Amber O'Neal and the pair were soon named Team Blondage. After a few tryouts with World Wrestling Entertainment on both SmackDown! and Raw, Eubanks began working for several independent promotions, including the Professional Girl Wrestling Association, Women Extreme Wrestling, Memphis Wrestling, the National Wrestling Alliance and Shimmer Women Athletes.
World Wrestling Entertainment
Deep South Wrestling (2006–2007)
In January 22, 2006, Eubanks signed a developmental contract with WWE and was assigned to Deep South Wrestling. Eubanks, under her Krissy Vaine name, made her first DSW appearance at the March 9, 2006 tapings where she and Kristal Marshall threw t-shirts into the crowd during intermission. Her official debut occurred at the March 16 tapings, where she appeared as a referee. In addition to refereeing, she also managed Kevin Matthews during his matches.
Vaine made her DSW in-ring debut on the June 22 tapings, where she defeated Tracy Taylor. On the June 22, 2006 edition of DSW TV, Krissy Vaine defeated Tracey Taylor with help from Special Guest Referee Matt Striker On the June 29 edition of DSW TV, Vaine and Striker were defeated by Tracey Taylor and Mike Taylor.
At the October 12 tapings, Vaine became the General Manager for DSW. In late 2006 and early 2007, she began a feud with Angel Williams, with Williams claiming that Vaine did something immoral to be appointed General Manager. In response, Vaine began to cost Williams matches with distractions from other Divas. She then tried to order around the other Divas, such as Nattie Neidhart, Brooke Adams and Shantelle Taylor to take care of Williams for her, though to no avail. Instead, Vaine decided to try and make up with Williams, with the latter accepting the apology and resulting in them both becoming the co-General Managers of DSW.
On the June 27, 2006 edition of DSW TV, Vaine defeated Shantelle Taylor when Vaine grabbed her tights. On the September 9, 2006 edition of DSW TV, she lost against Shantelle at Deep South Wrestling Grand Park Slam event in Six Flags Over Georgia. On the March 8, 2007 edition of DSW TV, Vaine defeated Nattie Neidhart. On the March 15, 2007 edition of DSW TV, Vaine teamed with Angel Williams in a losing effort to Nattie Neidhart and Shantelle . On March 16 edition of DSW Vaine and Williams defeated Nattie Neidhart and Shantelle in a rematch. On the March 17 edition of DSW TV, Vaine and Williams was defeated in another rematch by Nattie Neidhart and Shantelle. On the April 5 edition of DSW TV, Vaine competed against Nattie Neidhart in a winning effort. Vaine and Williams was once again defeated by Nattie Neidhart and Shantelle.
Florida Championship Wrestling (2007)
After DSW was shut down, Vaine was moved to Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE's newest developmental territory. Vaine made her FCW debut on June 26, 2007, where she lost to Nattie Neidhart in a three-way match also involving Shantelle Taylor. On September 15 edition of FCW, Vaine teamed with Nattie Neidhart in a losing effort to The Bella Twins with Victoria Crawford as special referee. On the September 28, 2007 episode of SmackDown!, Eubanks made her WWE debut as a villainess by attacking Torrie Wilson after Wilson lost a match to Victoria. On the October 5 episode of SmackDown!, the evil Vaine was seen backstage negotiating her first match with SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero. However, both Eubanks and her boyfriend Ryan O'Reilly left WWE on October 10 due to health issues with both of their families.
Return to the independent circuit (2009–2011)
After a nearly two-year-long hiatus from professional following her WWE departure, Eubanks made her return to the wrestling industry on February 2, 2009, where she reunited with Amber O'Neal to reform Team Blondage and defeat Daffney and MsChif in a tag team match. On September 12, 2009, Vaine won her first singles championship by defeating Jayme Jameson to win the NWA Mid-Atlantic Women's Championship. The win made Vaine the first champion in nearly nine years due to the title being vacated and subsequently abandoned on December 2, 2000 by the last champion Leilani Kai. Soon after winning the title, Vaine renamed herself Kristin Astara before losing the title to Jameson on April 10, 2010. She later faced Jameson for the title in three subsequent rematches on May 1, October 30, and November 6, but was defeated each time.
In early 2011, Eubanks was signed to perform for MTV2's Lucha Libre USA. She made her debut for the promotion on the March 19 tapings under the ring name Chrissy Cialis in an intergender match, where she and Vladamiro defeated Mini Park and ODB. On May 28, Cialis lost in her singles debut to Nikki Corleone. Cialis wrestled her final match for the promotion on August 27, where she and Vladimiro defeated Octagoncito and Pequeno Halloween in a mixed tag team match.
In August 2009, Eubanks became a blogger for women's wrestling website Diva Dirt. In January 2010, Eubanks launched her own podcast, The Krissy Vaine Project, at Diva Dirt. In March 2010, Eubanks announced that she was no longer using her long-time ring name Krissy Vaine. She then revealed her new ring name to be Kristin Astara. Following her name change, she also renamed her podcast to Kristin & Friends, with the first episode airing on March 27, 2010.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
1This Mid-Atlantic promotion, while currently operating out of the same region of the United States and having revised some of the championships used by the original Mid-Atlantic promotion, is not the same promotion that was once owned by Jim Crockett, Jr. and was sold to Ted Turner in 1988. It is just another NWA affiliated promotion.
Luchas de Apuestas
|Hair||Krissy Vaine||Jenny Taylor||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Jan 2, 2008||Hair vs. Hair match at WEW DVD taping|
- "Cagematch profile".
- "OWOW profile".
- "Shimmer Roster". Shimmer Women Athletes. Visuex. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Schramm, Chris (2007-10-12). "Vaine and O'Reilly discuss their surprising WWE departure". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- "Krissy Vaine signed a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment". Online World of Wrestling. January 22, 2006.
- "Wrestlers managed".
- "Cagematch match listings, page 1".
- "Deep South Wrestling: Krissy Vaine defeated Tracy Taylor with Matt Striker as heel referee". Online World of Wrestling. June 22, 2006.
- "Deep South Wrestling: Krissy Vaine w/Angel Williams defeated Nattie Neidhart w/The Bag Lady". Online World of Wrestling. April 5, 2007.
- "Deep South Wrestling: Natalie Neidhart and Shantelle Taylor beat Krissy Vaine and Angel Williams". Online World of Wrestling. April 12, 2007.
- "FCW The Bella Twins defeat Krissy Vaine & Nattie Neidhart". Online World of Wrestling. September 15, 2007.
- "Debuting Krissy Vaine attacks Torrie Wilson after her match with Victoria". Online World of Wrestling. September 28, 2007.
- "Krissy Vaine negotiating her first match with GM Vickie Guerrero". Online World of Wrestling. October 5, 2007.
- "Krissy Vaine returning to Team Blondage".
- "NWA Mid-Atlantic Women's Championship history".
- "Eubanks' Model Mayhem profile".
- "Kristin Astara - Wrestlers Database - CAGEMATCH". Cagematch. Cagematch.
- "Former WWE Diva Krisst Vaine joins Diva Dirt".
- "Introducing The Krissy Vaine Project".
- "Krissy Vaine's final Vainety Fair a death and a rebirth".
- "Kristin Astara's finisher revealed".
- "LethalWOW profile".
- "GLORY profile".
- "NWA Charlotte Total Complicance - Events Database - CAGEMATCH". CAGEMATCH. Cagematch.
- "DSW TV #48 - Events Database - CAGEMATCH". Cagematch. Cagematch.
- "Team Blondage's entrance themes".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristin Eubanks.|