||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
- The program Charmed, from 2000 to 2004. She began as a story editor and became a co-producer of the show.
- The short-lived, critically acclaimed Fox program Wonderfalls, which aired in 2004. Vernoff was a writer and producer for the show.
- Vernoff has also written one episode for long-running drama Law & Order - (season 10, episode 14, "Sundown").
- She has co-written the crossover episodes of Private Practice - (season 2, episode 16, "Ex-Life", season 3, episode 11, "Another Second Chance").
- She is currently a Co-Executive Producer on the Showtime series "Shameless."
Vernoff is best known for her time as a member of the creative team at the popular drama Grey's Anatomy. She is credited as an executive producer, and has also written episodes of the show. An episode Vernoff wrote, "Into You Like a Train", was nominated for a Best Writing Emmy Award.
Vernoff is credited with the introduction of the catchphrase, "seriously" into the dialogue of Grey's Anatomy episodes. Series creator Shonda Rhimes says that Vernoff used it frequently in the writer's room, and "said correctly, it can convey sarcasm, dismay, disbelief, a sense of moral and ethical superiority, and gentle chastising punishment, all at once."
According to Vernoff on the Grey's Anatomy iTunes Podcast, the episodes "Six Days Pt. 1 and 2" were written as a dedication to Vernoff's father, Bob Verne, who died in much the same way as Dr. George O'Malley's father in the series.
Vernoff is also a playwright; a production of her play "Me, My Guitar, and Don Henley" opened in October 2006 in an off-Broadway theater.
- Rhimes, Shonda. "Grey's Anatomy Frequently Asked Questions Answered by Shonda Rhimes". ABC Television. Retrieved 2007-01-20.[dead link]
- Hollywood Reporter, Grey's shifts for Vernoff, Noxon http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3iaf82321e51c9ae09a55c8263388d21aa
- Stanescu, Saviana (2006-10-08). nytheatre.com/memy3925.htm "Me, My Guitar and Don Henley". nytheatre.com. Retrieved 2007-01-20.[dead link]
- Krista Vernoff at the Internet Movie Database
- Grey's Anatomy Writers' Blog - A blog from the writers of Grey's Anatomy, including some entries by Vernoff.
- Wonderfalls Shooting Scripts - Scripts from Wonderfalls, a series Vernoff worked on.