|Born||Kristen DeAnn Alderson
May 29, 1991
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Known for||One Life to Live/General Hospital as Starr Manning, General Hospital as Kiki Jerome|
|Home town||Doylestown, Pennsylvania|
|Partner(s)||Chad Duell (2013-present),|
Alderson was born in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania to Richard and Kathy Alderson. She has a younger brother, Eddie Alderson. Alderson attended a Catholic school in Pennsylvania through seventh grade and was also a cheerleader, but decided to receive on-set tutorial for eighth grade and she then attended the Professional Performing Arts School in New York City for high school. She also looks forward to achieving a degree in teaching.
At six years old, Alderson auditioned for the One Life to Live role of Starr Manning in February 1998 and has portrayed the character since March 20, 1998, and was put on contract with the series in April 2001, at the time making her the youngest performer on daytime television with a contract role. In an episode, she experienced her first kiss on-screen when Starr kissed Travis (Connor Paolo). Before One Life to Live, she portrayed Molly in a Broadway production of Annie.
Alderson received the 2005 Soap Opera Digest Award Favorite Teen for her work in One Life to Live. Alderson's younger brother, Eddie, portrayed Matthew Buchanan on One Life to Live until its cancellation. After One Life to Live finished filming on November 18, 2011, Alderson relocated with her brother to Los Angeles.
On January 11, 2012, it was announced that Alderson, along with former co-stars Kassie DePaiva, Michael Easton, and Roger Howarth, would reprise her One Life to Live role on ABC's sole remaining soap opera General Hospital. She debuted on the series on February 24, 2012 and left on March 20, 2013. However, she will be returning to the series after briefly returning to One Life to Live, and then there will likely be a recast of the character. Prospect Park currently owns the rights to all One Life to Live characters; TV Guide reported that because ABC does not want to risk any further legal disputes with Prospect Park concerning the characters, the only way to avoid such disputes may be to have the former One Life to Live actors portray "characters that in no way resemble the current ones" in order to stay on General Hospital. Alderson returned to General Hospital as Kiki Jerome. In 2013, she received a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series for her work as Starr on General Hospital in 2012.
On September 24, 2013, Kristen Alderson was honored as "The Star of Tomorrow" by the ZEPHRA Magazine Recognition Awards and the City of West Hollywood issued a proclamation for the actress.
|1998-2012||One Life to Live||Starr Manning||Main role; March 20, 1998 to January 13, 2012|
|2012-||General Hospital||Starr Manning
|Main role; February 24, 2012 to March 20, 2013
Main role; May 13, 2013 to present
Awards and nominations
||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) - Young Actress Age Ten or Younger||One Life to Live||Nominated||
||Soap Opera Digest Award for Favorite Teen||One Life to Live||Won||
||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV series - Recurring Young Actress||One Life to Live||Nominated||
||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series - Recurring Young Actress||One Life to Live||Nominated||
|Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Ensemble in a TV Series (shared with Eddie Alderson, Camila Banus, Carmen LoPorto and Austin Williams)||One Life to Live||Nominated|
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||General Hospital||Won||
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||General Hospital||Nominated||
- Kristen Alderson profile - Soaps.com Retrieved on December 24, 2008.
- Starr Manning profile - SoapCentral.com Retrieved December 24, 2008.
- "Alderson's moving to LA not Prospect Park"
- Logan, Michael (March 25, 2013). "Breaking News: One Life to Live Stars Head Back to General Hospital". TV Guide. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "The 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Winners". National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. emmyonline.org. June 16, 2013. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- Fairman, Michael (May 8, 2013). "General Hospital’s Kristen Alderson Interview: Her Daytime Emmy Nomination, New GH Character & OLTL Revival!". On-Air On-Soaps. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "24th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- "The Soap Opera Digest Awards: 2005". Soap Opera Digest. soapoperadigest.com. Archived from the original on March 1, 2009. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- "29th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- "30th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- "The 41st Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Nominations". New York: emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. May 1, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.