Kristen Anderson-Lopez is an American actress and songwriter. Anderson-Lopez, along with her husband Robert Lopez and Henry Jackman, wrote and produced music for the 2011 Disney film Winnie the Pooh, for which they were nominated for an Annie Award for Best Music in a Feature Production. She also provided the voice of Kanga in the film. Additionally, she wrote songs for a Walt Disney World production of Finding Nemo - The Musical. She and her husband also wrote the music for Disney's Frozen. Anderson-Lopez attended and graduated from Williams College in 1994.
Kristen Anderson-Lopez is the co-creator of the Drama Desk Award winning, Broadway-bound musical In Transit, developed at the O’Neill Musical Theatre Conference, opened Off Broadway in 2010, and after receiving Drama Desk, Drama League, and Lucille Lortel recognition, is slated for a Broadway production in 2013.
With her husband she won an Academy Award, March 2, 2014 for their song 'Let It Go' for the animation film Frozen.
Her work for young audiences includes numerous short and full-length musical adaptations for Theatreworks/USA (Diary Of A Worm, Fancy Nancy, Condensed Classics.) Kristen has written several songs for TV and was a staff writer for the award-winning children’s show, The Wonder Pets, on Nick Jr.
Anderson-Lopez is currently working on the new romantic stage musical Up Here with her husband and Alex Timbers. The couple are also working on another musical, Disney's Bob the Musical, with Allan Loeb writing the story.
In 2003, Anderson married Robert Lopez, a three-time Tony Award-winning composer and lyricist known for Avenue Q and The Book of Mormon. They have two daughters; Katie and Annie, who both had voice parts in Frozen. Anderson-Lopez graduated from Williams College in 1994, where she double-majored in drama and psychology.
- "Kristen Anderson-Lopez". IMDB. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Lily Rothman (March 2, 2014). "EGOT! Frozen's Robert Lopez on Scoring His Oscar". Time. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- "Full cast and crew for Winnie the Pooh (2011)". IMDB. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- King, Susan ('Rango' wins the Annie Award for animated feature). "'Rango' wins the Annie Award for animated feature". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Giardina, Carolyn (February 4, 2012). "'Rango' Wins Annie Award for Best Animated Feature". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "Winnie the Pooh (2011)". IMDB. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "Finding Nemo – The Musical Entertainment at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park". Walt Disney World. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Disney's 'Frozen': Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel to voice animated tale Retrieved December 1, 2013
- Hetrick, Adam (October 27, 2011). "Robert Lopez, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Alex Timbers Developing Romantic Musical Up Here". Playbill. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "2004 Tony Award Winners". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "Who's Nominated? - All Categories". tonyawards.com. May 3, 2011. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- Alexander, Bryan. "'Frozen': Family affair for married songwriters". USA Today. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
|This article about a voice actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|