Kristen Dalton (Miss USA)
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Kristen Dalton attending the "Beauty of California Dinner" at The Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, CA on Nov. 21, 2009
|Born||Kristen Jeannine Dalton
December 13, 1986
Wilmington, North Carolina United States
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss North Carolina USA 2009
Miss USA 2009
|Miss USA 2009 (Winner)
Miss Universe 2009 (Top Ten)
Dalton is the daughter of Jeannine Dalton (Boger) who was Miss North Carolina USA 1982. Her younger sister Kenzie Dalton was engaged to Chad Michael Murray and also competed in the Miss North Carolina Teen USA pageant and placed 1st runner-up. The third Dalton sister, Julia Dalton, was Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2008 and placed second runner-up at Miss Teen USA 2008. Dalton is of English and German ancestry.
Dalton graduated from Hoggard High School and was an Honors College Psychology and Spanish major at East Carolina University. She dated Reid Rosenthal, who appeared in the fifth season of The Bachelorette, but the couple broke up in March 2012. She is married to Kris Wolfe, Founding Father of Theta Chi-Iota Beta Chapter.
Miss North Carolina USA 2009
Dalton won the Miss North Carolina USA 2009 title in a state pageant held in High Point, North Carolina in November 2008. She had previously placed first runner-up to Nikkie Groat in the Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2005 pageant.
Miss USA 2009
Dalton represented North Carolina in the Miss USA 2009 pageant broadcast live from Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada where she became the 2nd Miss North Carolina USA to win the Miss USA title; the state's only prior winner was Chelsea Cooley, Miss USA 2005. Dalton won both the swimsuit and evening gown competitions during the final pageant competition, and was crowned by former titleholder Crystle Stewart of Texas.
Miss Universe 2009
Dalton represented the United States in the Miss Universe 2009 pageant, which was held at the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort in the Bahamas. She placed in the Top 10 and finished in 10th place overall.
- Kennedy, Lori (2009-04-13). "Miss N.C. USA gets ready for competition". Star News Online.
- "Chad Michael Murray Is Engaged". People magazine. 2006-04-05.
- "Kenzie Dalton and Chad Michael Murray: Still Going Strong". TopSocialite.com. 2008-08-07.
- Leach, Robin (2010-05-17). "Is engagement in the near future for 2009 Miss USA Kristen Dalton?". Las Vegas Sun.
- Leach, Robin (2010-05-15). "I'll be a little sad when it's over for me". Vegas Deluxe.
- "Inqlings: This time, a bachelorette says yes". Philly.com. 2010-08-22.
- "'Bachelor' party in Rittenhouse Square". Philly.com.
- "Children International". Children International. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Bond, Allyson. "Miss N.C., Teen crowned". High Point Enterprise.
- Price, Mark (2009-04-13). "Many beauty queens owe crowns to this coach". Charlotte Observer.
- "Miss North Carolina USA crowned Miss USA 2009". Associated Press. 2009-04-19.
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss North Carolina USA
Nadia Shirin Moffett