|Born||10 Jan 1978
|Education||Royal College of Art|
|Awards||Bower Roebuck Tailoring Award
United Arrows Award
The Protégé Project (Donatella Versace)
Early life and education
Aadnevik was born in Bergen, Norway. After finishing an education at Bergen Yrkesskole he moved to London to pursuit a MA at the Royal College of Art where he received numerous awards. During his studies he worked as a design assistant at Alexander McQueen.
Aadnevik established his own label in 2004 and he presented his first collection the same year at London Fashion Week. Apart from his own label he has collaborated and designed collections for several international brands including Charles Jourdan Paris for Japan, Harrods International as well as held a position as a senior designer at Roberto Cavalli.
In 2007 Aadnevik was chosen as one of five designers in "The Protégé Project", an initiative of Australian Wool innovation, which resulted in him being selected protégé of Donatella Versace. In line with this he showcased his F/W 2008 collection at Milan Fashion Week where his collection was met with critical acclaim and he was named as one of fall 2008's most promising new talents by Style.com.
Aadnevik has dressed several celebrities, some of them include Beyoncé, Nicole Scherzinger, Selena Gomez, Kelly Rowland, Cheryl Cole, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Pixie Lott, Daisy Lowe and Dita Von Teese. British Musician Estelle also wore one of his creations in the music video for her single "American Boy".
- "Nicole Kidman, if you’re reading this; here’s your man!". Norway.org.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "From Valdres to Vogue - Contemporary Norwegian fashion design - Norwegian Design Council". Norskdesign.no. 2006-07-30. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- Feldman, Jenny (November 2007) "Foreign Exchange". Nylon, p.48
- "Aadnevik presents new collection at LFW". Norway.org.uk. 2007-09-15. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- Posted at 05:00 AM in Fashion, Fashiontribes, TrendAlert (2008-01-15). "New Fashion Design Names to Know Hit the Catwalk in Italy - Fashion Blog | Fashion Tribes Blog". Fashiontribes.typepad.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- January 10, 2008 (2008-01-10). "Fashion 'Proteges' to Unveil Looks - Fashion Features - Fashion". WWD.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "Kristian Aadnevik selected protégé of Donatella Versace; Elleuk.com". Elleuk.com.
- "Nicole Scherzinger in Kristian Aadnevik X Factor | Ellequebec.com". Ellequebec.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "Selena Gomez in Kristian Aadnevik in her Come & Get It music video | Coolspotters.com". Coolspotters.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "Kelly Rowland and Kristian Aadnevik Fall 2007 Dress | Coolspotters.com". Coolspotters.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "Cheryl’s Saturday-night dress watch | Grazia Fashion". Graziadaily.co.uk. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- Ihenacho, Francis (February 2007)"Kristian Aadnevik". Vangard, p.123
- "Rihanna in Kristian Aadnevik You Magazine".
- Pixie Lott’s Gravity by Nick Frew "Pixie Lott in Kristian Aadnevik". Promonews.tv.
- "Inna la RMA 2010 in Kristian AadnevikAloModa | AloModa". Alomoda.ro. 2010-07-22. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristian Aadnevik.|