||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
|Born||Kristin Elizabeth Cavallari
January 5, 1987
Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Education||Barrington High School
Laguna Beach High School
|Occupation||Television personality, fashion designer, actress|
|Spouse(s)||Jay Cutler (m. 2013)|
Kristin Elizabeth Cutler (née Cavallari; born January 5, 1987) is an American television personality, fashion designer, and actress. Born in Denver, Colorado, she attended Laguna Beach High School as a teenager. In 2004, Cavallari came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, which documented the lives of her and her friends.
After moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career in 2006, Cavallari appeared in several television series as minor characters. In 2009, she replaced former Laguna Beach cast member Lauren Conrad in her spin-off series The Hills, which was revamped to chronicle the personal and professional lives of Cavallari, Heidi Montag, and Audrina Patridge.
When her mother divorced her father, her older brother, Mike, moved with their father to Laguna Beach, California, while she moved with her mother to the village of Barrington, Illinois, a suburb an hour northwest of Chicago. She attended Barrington Station Middle School, and graduated on to Barrington High School. After difficulties adjusting to a new life with a stepfather and stepbrother, Cavallari moved to California to live with her father. There, Cavallari was enrolled at Santa Margarita Catholic High School for her freshman year. After she attended a Driver's Education course through Laguna Beach High School, her father enrolled her in Laguna Beach High School.
Cavallari was in her junior year of high school when the first season of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County began production. At the time, she was involved in an on-and-off relationship with senior Stephen Colletti. Cavallari's romance with Colletti caused a rivalry with another cast member, Lauren Conrad. The love triangle became one of the series' central plot lines.
In May 2009, Cavallari confirmed that she would be joining the cast of Laguna Beach's spin-off series, The Hills. She made her first appearance on the series during the fifth season's mid-season finale on May 31, 2009, at Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt's wedding, where she caught the bouquet. The second half of the season premiered on September 29, 2009, with Cavallari assuming the position of former main cast member and narrator Conrad. Despite originally signing a deal with MTV to appear in two additional seasons following the fifth, the sixth and final season concluded on July 13, 2010.
Cavallari was on the thirteenth season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars and partnered with two-time champion, Mark Ballas. Despite having high scores, Cavallari was the third to be eliminated, shocking the audience, judges, and fellow dancers alike. One of the judges, Len Goodman, commented that he expected to see Cavallari dancing in the final. The cumulative average of Cavallari's dances were higher than of contestants who had lasted twice as long as she did.
After her stint on Laguna Beach, Cavallari headed to Los Angeles and briefly attended the Loyola Marymount University. She signed on the UPN reality television series Get This Party Started, which premiered February 7, 2006. The series was canceled after airing two episodes due to extremely low ratings. She guest starred on one episode of another UPN series, Veronica Mars. She has appeared in numerous television roles such as CSI: NY, Cane and Adventures in Hollyhood. In 2006, she signed on as Crystal in the horror film Fingerprints. She also played a small role in Wristcutters: A Love Story, an independent film, directed by Goran Dukic in 2006.
In 2008, she had a supporting role as Summer in Spring Breakdown alongside Amy Poehler. The film was released straight-to-DVD on June 2, 2009, and received mixed reviews. She also starred in the independent film Green Flash alongside Torrey DeVitto. In 2009, she starred in the independent American high school comedy film, Wild Cherry, as Trish, which also starred Rumer Willis. She also starred in the straight-to-DVD film, National Lampoon's Van Wilder: Freshman Year, as Kaitlyn. The film was released July 14, 2009, to mixed to negative reviews.
Charity work and public image
Cavallari has been involved in the "Until There's a Cure" public service advertising campaign, to raise awareness and funds for AIDS and HIV research and vaccine development. In 2006, Cavallari appeared in ads for PETA, and has also appeared as a celebrity spokesperson for "We Are Ellis Island", a campaign for the restoration of Ellis Island. In February 2009, she posed for the NOH8 Campaign in support of gay marriage.
In March 2014, Cavallari drew national criticism for refusing to vaccinate her children, a decision she and her husband, Jay Cutler based on fears of a connection between childhood vaccination and autism, which has been scientifically debunked.
As a high school senior in the winter of 2004/05, Cavallari dated NFL quarterback Matt Leinart, who at the time was attending the University of Southern California. She can be seen referring to Leinart in early episodes of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County's second season.
Cavallari began dating Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler in late 2010, and became engaged to him in April 2011. They called off the engagement in July 2011, but reconciled in November 2011. Cavallari and Cutler wed on June 8, 2013, in Nashville, Tennessee. They have two sons: Camden Jack (born August 8, 2012) and Jaxon Wyatt (born May 7, 2014).
|2006||Veronica Mars||Kylie Marker||1 episode|
|2007||Cheerleader Camp||Julie||Television movie|
|2007||Cane||Casey||Episode: "Family Business"|
|2008||Green Flash aka Beach Kings||Lana||Direct-to-DVD release|
|2008||CSI: NY||Isabelle Vaughn||Episode: "Forbidden Fruit"|
|2008||Spring Breakdown||Lizzie - Seven #3|
|2009||Wild Cherry||Trish van Doren|
|2009||National Lampoon's Van Wilder: Freshman Year||Kaitlin Hayes||Direct-to-DVD release|
|2011||The Middle||Ms. Devereaux||Episode: "Friends, Lies, and Videotape"|
|2004–05||Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County||28 episodes|
|2007||Get This Party Started||Host; 2 episodes|
|2009–10||The Hills||23 episodes|
|2011||RuPaul's Drag Race||Season 3|
|2011||America's Next Top Model||Guest Judge; Season 17, Episode 3|
|2011||Dancing with the Stars||Season 13, Eliminated week 3|
|2012||Cupcake Wars||Guest Judge; Season 6, Episode 9: "Kristin Cavallari's Baby Shower"|
|2012–13||The League||2 episodes|
- Maggie Hendricks (June 7, 2013). "Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari Tie the Knot". NBC Chicago. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Kristin Cavallari biography". Yahoo!. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Sims, Stephanie (2010-09-13). "Kristin Cavallari, Jay Cutler Escape To New York City After DUI". All Headline News. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Descendants of Friedrich Wilhelm Eifrig". Genealogy.com. 2009. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "It's official: Kristin Cavallari joins 'The Hills'". The Los Angeles Times. 2009-05-14. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- Stack, Tim (2009-05-14). "Exclusive interview: 'Laguna Beach' star Kristin Cavallari on joining 'The Hills'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Kristin Cavallari: Try Telling Him It's Just a Little Trim". PETA. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Kristin Cavallari, Mams Taylor, & Jennifer Gimenez". NOH8 Campaign. 23 February 2009. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Eby, Margaret (March 19, 2014). Kristin Cavallari defends anti-vaccination choice: 'We feel like we're making the best decision for our kids'. Daily News.
- Takeda, Allison (March 19, 2014). Kristin Cavallari Defends Anti-Vaccine Stance: 'We're Making the Best Decision for Our Kids'. US Weekly.
- Ingrassia, Lisa. "Cavallari & Brody Jenner Break Up". People.com.
- "New Couple Alert Matt Leinart and Kristin Cavallari".
- Garcia, Jennifer (September 29, 2010). "Caught in the Act!". People.com.
- Jennifer Garcia (July 24, 2011). "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Call Off Engagement". People.com.
- Dahvi Shira (November 30, 2011). "Kristin Cavallari & Jay Cutler Are Engaged ... Again!". People.com.
- Jordan, Julie (June 12, 2013). "Kristin Cavallari Tells All About Her 'Absolutely Perfect' Wedding Day". People.
- Jennifer Garcia (January 22, 2012). "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Are Expecting!". People.com.
- Anya Leon (August 8, 2012). "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Son!". People.com.
- Lesley Messer. "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Son Jaxon Wyatt". ABC News. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristin Cavallari.|