Kristin Gore at the 2007 Texas Book Festival
|Born||Kristin Carlson Gore
June 5, 1977
|Alma mater||Harvard College|
|Notable works||Sammy's Hill
Screenwriter for Futurama and Saturday Night Live
|Spouse||Paul Cusack (2005–2009)|
Gore was raised in Washington, D.C., graduated from National Cathedral School in 1995 and from Harvard University in 1999. While at Harvard she was an editor for the Harvard Lampoon: Until her senior year, at Harvard, she was the only woman on the literary board of the Harvard Lampoon. 'I didn't know its reputation at all,' she says. 'It was just that the funniest people I knew at Harvard were on the Lampoon, so I looked into it and it ended up being one of the best things I did.'
Gore has published three novels, Sammy's Hill (2004), Sammy's House (2007), and Sweet Jiminy (2011). She co-wrote the screenplay for the currently halted film Nailed and the narration for the 2007 documentary Arctic Tale. She was also a writer for the FOX animated sitcom Futurama and the long-running NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.
In 1999, Gore sang backup vocals on a Diva Zappa comedy single called "When The Bell Drops" about Zappa's "hunt for someone to make out with on the Millennium". Tipper Gore played drums on the recording.
Awards and nominations
- Sammy's Hill (2005)
- Sammy's House (2007)
- Sweet Jiminy (2011)
- Gore, Al (May 22, 2007). The Assault on Reason. New York: Penguin Press. ISBN 1-59420-122-6. Retrieved January 8, 2009.
- July–August 1999: Images of Commencement
- Books & Authors: A capital idea from a Gore daughter: Times Argus Online
- WGBH Forum
- Young Climbers in Love
- Kristin Gore explores the Deep South in ‘Sweet Jiminy'
- "Diva Zappa: Two Gores and a Record". Wilmington Morning Star. 1999-12-29. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Staff (December 28, 1999). "Tipper Gore Plays Drums for Diva Zappa". Spartanburg Herald-Journal.
- Chen, Stephanie. "Could you be 'infected' by friend's divorce?". CNN.com. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristin Gore.|
- Kristin Gore at the Internet Movie Database
- More Than You Ever Wanted to Know About Kristin Gore’s Writing Process