|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 37th district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Mike Moran|
November 27, 1968 |
|Alma mater||Tufts University|
Kristina Roegner (born November 27, 1968) is a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, serving the Thirty Seventh District since 2011.
Roegner graduated Cum Laude from Tufts University in 1990 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Soon after, she worked for Westinghouse Power Generation overhauling power turbines, from 1990-1993. She then moved onto consulting. Roegner entered public office in 2004, when she was seated on the Hudson City Council.
Ohio House of Representatives 
When Mike Moran won the 42nd District in 2008, he took a seat in what was traditionally a Republican district. Therefore, he was a top target for House Republicans in 2010, and Roegner was fielded to try and unseat him. In the end, she went on to beat Moran by about 1,400 votes.
For the 129th General Assembly, Speaker of the House William G. Batchelder has named Roegner as a member of the Republican majority caucus' Policy Committee. She also serves on the committees of Commerce and Labor, Education, and Public Utilities. She was sworn into office on January 3, 2011.
Roegner won reelection to the seat in 2012 with 54.18% of the vote over Democrat Tom Schmida.
Initiatives and positions 
Roegner has also been an advocate for selling state lands for oil and natural gas drilling, including on Lake Erie. She had urged rejection of the amendment, which would have added an extra layer of protection for Lake Erie on top of an existing federal ban on drilling, stating that it is foolish to let only Canada reep the benefits of the reserves underneath the lake.
- Moran vs. Roegner in 42nd House District
- Brunner, Jennifer 2010 general election results (2010-11-02)
- Ohio House: Batchelder Announces House GOP Policy Committee
- "Public workers of collective bargaining rights in peril". Akron Beacon Journal. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Provance, Jim (2011-05-27). "Ohio House OKs drilling in parks". Toledo Blade. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- The Ohio House of Representatives: Rep. Kristina Roegner (R-Hudson) official site
- Kristina for Ohio official campaign site