Kristy Hinze in October 2012
16 October 1979 |
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
|Spouse(s)||James H. Clark (2009 – Present)|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Measurements||86 cm – 61 cm – 89 cm
(34 in – 24 in – 35 in)
|Manager||Elite Model Management, New York and Los Angeles|
Life and career
She was born on the Gold Coast. She is the granddaughter of Russ Hinze (Queensland Politician). In 1994, when she was only 14 years old, Hinze was contracted to appear in the Australian edition of Vogue.
Hinze appeared on the tenth season of America's Next Top Model and was working at that time with Elite model management New York.
Hinze was the host and head judge of Project Runway Australia during the first and second season, it was announced Megan Gale would be the host of the third season. She appeared on the first ever cover of the short lived Australian Edition of Ocean Drive magazine. Hinze portrayed Marc Anthony's love interest in the music video for his single "You Sang To Me", both the Spanish and English versions.
In October 2008, she became engaged to James H. Clark, founder of Silicon Graphics and Netscape. They married on 22 March 2009. Clark is 36 years Hinze's senior, the marriage attracted a lot of criticism. She reportedly bought a home in Australia online while taking a break from filming Adam Rifkin's Without Charlie in L.A. She gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Dylan Vivienne, in September 2011 in New York City.
- "I feel more Australian when I am overseas: you can take the girl out of Australia, but you cannot take Australia out of the girl."
- "My accent isn't too broad, like most Queenslanders. But yes, I do have to talk a little slower so people can understand what I am saying."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristy Hinze.|
- Kristy Hinze in Sports Illustrated
- Kristy Hinze at the Internet Movie Database
- Kristy Hinze at the Fashion Model Directory
- Kristy Hinze Ask Men Profile