At the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
(New York City, July 2010)
|Born||Krysta Anne Rodriguez
July 23, 1984 
Orange, California, U.S.
Krysta Anne Rodriguez (born July 23, 1984) is an American actress and singer. She originated the role of Wednesday Addams in the 2009 Broadway musical The Addams Family. She was a regular on the second (and final) season of the NBC series Smash in 2013.
Early life and career
Rodriguez grew up in Orange County, California. She began taking dance lessons at the age of 13, after being involved with cheerleading in middle school. After traveling to New York and seeing eight Broadway shows, she realized performers had to sing and act as well as dance, so once she returned home Rodriguez began taking singing and acting lessons. She was a cast member of the Christian television show Colby's Clubhouse from 1995 to 2000. She attended Orange County High School of the Arts where she played many lead roles including Marian in The Music Man, as well as the lead role in Gidget: The Musical, a musical co-written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola, that starred Orange County High School of the Arts students during its (ultimately unsuccessful) tryouts in 2000.
Rodriguez made her Broadway debut in the short-lived 2005 jukebox musical Good Vibrations. She later became a replacement for the role of Bebe in the Broadway revival of A Chorus Line in 2007. She has played numerous ensemble and understudy parts in the Broadway productions of Spring Awakening and In the Heights, as well as a regional production of The Boy Friend. She made her big screen debut in the role of Krysta in the 2010 film The Virginity Hit.
Beginning performances in fall 2009, Rodriguez originated the role of Wednesday Addams in the world premiere Chicago try-out run of the new Broadway-bound musical The Addams Family, based on the cartoons of Charles Addams. From March 2010, the show received its planned debut at New York's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. After playing the role for over a year and lending her voice to the show's original cast recording, Rodriguez left the musical on March 8, 2011 and was replaced by Rachel Potter.
Rodriguez joined the cast of the NBC series Smash for its second, and final, season in 2013, playing the role of Ana Vargas, an aspiring Broadway performer and the new roommate of Katharine McPhee's character Karen.
In July 2013, Rodriguez returned to Broadway playing the lead in First Date the Musical, co-starring with Zachary Levi. In December 2013, Rodriguez appeared in Hit List (musical), a concert presentation of the fictional musical created for the second season of Smash. Rodriguez was scheduled to have a major role in the planned CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Dad"; a spinoff and successor to the long-running sitcom "How I Met Your Mother", but on March 25, 2014 it was announced that Rodriguez had exited the pilot. (the proposed spin-off would ultimately not be picked up)
Rodriguez is a frequent collaborator of Joe Iconis.
- "30 Under 30 - Krysta Rodriguez". BroadwaySpace.com. 2011.
Age: 26 (7/23/1984)
- Vire, Kris (October 22, 2009). "The Addams Family: Q&A With Krysta Rodriguez and Wesley Taylor". Time Out Chicago. Retrieved May 2, 2010.
- Kay, Lauren. "Dance 10, Looks 10". "Dance Spirit Magazine". March 1, 2010. Retrieved April 17, 2012
- Colby's Clubhouse Episode 30 ©1998 Joyful Heart/TBN. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Gidget Grows Up, Into a Coppola Musical, Mark Chalon Smith, Los Angeles Times, August 5, 2000
- Stevens, Beth. "What's Up, Krysta Rodriguez? The Addams Family Standout on Bonding with Her B'way Kin". Broadway.com. April 23, 2010. Retrieved April 10, 2010.
- "Krysta Rodriguez". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved September 17, 2010.
- Jones, Kenneth. "Brad Oscar Will Play Uncle Fester in Addams Family; Blickenstaff, Grupper, Potter Join Cast". Playbill.com. February 4, 2011.
- "Krysta Rodriguez". Who's Who. Playbill.com. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- Ausiello, Michael (July 6, 2012). "Smash Scoop: Meet Karen's Spunky New [Spoiler]". TVLine. TVLine Media, LLC. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Krysta Rodriguez and Zachary Levi Will Have a First Date on Broadway; Cast Announced". playbill.com. Playbill. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Jeremy Jordan, Krysta Rodriguez, Andy Mientus, Carrie Manolakos Bring "Smash" Musical Hit List to Life Dec. 8-9 at 54 Below
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Krysta Rodriguez.|