|Fleet size||7 (+12 orders)|
|Headquarters||Krasnodar, Krasnodar Krai, Russia|
|Key people||Sergey Mordvintsev (MD) |
OAO Kuban Airlines (Russian: ОАО «Авиакомпания Кубань») was an airline based in Krasnodar, Russia. It operated domestic schedules within Russia and international charters. Its main base was Krasnodar International Airport. Its name comes from Kuban Province in southern Russia. On 11 December 2012 Kuban Airlines ceased operations due to financial difficulties.
In February 2010, Kuban Airlines introduced a new livery to its first Boeing 737-300 aircraft. The new livery was a dark green background with sunflowers running from the back half of the fuselage and up the tail. The engines were also coloured in dark green.
On 18 May 2010, Kuban Airlines announced the receipt of their first of four ordered Boeing 737-300s. The airline also announced that beginning in 2011 their Yakolev aircraft were to be retired and replaced by new Antonov An-148 or Boeing 737-700 aircraft.
Merger with Sky Express
In September 2011, it was announced that Russian low-cost carrier Sky Express was to be merged into Kuban Airlines. On 29 October 2011, the two airlines merged, bringing Airbus A319 and Boeing 737 aircraft into the Kuban Airlines fleet.
|Sukhoi Superjet 100||—||12||TBA||Was planned to enter service in 2012|
Prior to November 2012, the airline has also operated:
- Kuban Airlines – Management of the company
- Home page. Kuban Airlines. Retrieved on 23 June 2010. "350912, Россия, г. Краснодар, ул. Е.Бершанской, 355"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 103.
- Borodina, Polina (10 December 2012). "Russia’s Kuban Airlines to cease operations". ATWOnline.com. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- Kuban Airlines new livery
- 18 May 2010 Kuban Airlines news
- Russia’s first LCC, Sky Express, will lose AOC
- Kuban Airlines Fleet (Boeing only) – CH-Aviation
- "GSS and "Kuban" signed an agreement for the supply of 12 SSJ" (in Russian). AviaPort. 2011-08-19.
- Flight International, 3–9 October 2006
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuban Airlines.|