Kuch Kar Dikha
|Kuch Kar Dikha|
|Also known as||KKD|
|Genre||drama, game show|
|Written by||Jawad Daud|
|Presented by||Nokia Pakistan|
|Theme music composer||Shankar Mahadevan|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|Executive producer(s)||Farrukh Malhaar|
|Running time||18 minutes|
|Original channel||ARY Digital|
|Original airing||February 28, 2014|
Kuch Kar Dikha (Urdu: کچھ کر دکھا; English: do something) is a 2014 drama travel game show presented by Nokia Pakistan, based on a 38 days journey of 9 people into the unseen and exotic locations of Pakistan. The show was announced on 18 February along with the launch of Lumia 1520 and 1320. First aired 28 February 2014 on ARY Digital is a half an hour show. The timings of the show are 11-11:30 PM every Friday.
This game show has 9 members, consecutively divided into three teams:
- Aqeel Malik as Ali - Is sharp, intelligent and knows what he’s doing. A perfect example of a street smart boy.
- Rubab Ali as Sehar - She’s a beauty with no brains. A boy magnet who lacks common sense. She’s the dumb blonde of the group.
- Jia as Tanveer - She’s a pure tomboy, as strong as the other boys, very athletic and physically fit and also has a very manly attitude towards everything, in short she’s the man of the group.
- Esa Ch as Harib - Recently returned to homeland after completing his education from Australia. Comes from a rich family who were once doodhwalas and later on owned a dairy farm. Haarib hates this fact and intends to become a filmwala rather than a doodhwala and his passion is to see himself as an established movie star.
- Sehar as Tania - Technology is the word that defines Taniya. She’s extremely tech-savvy and her world revolves around all sorts of gadgets.
- Abid Hussain as Kabeer - Is a typical spoiled son of a rich feudal who thinks very highly of himself. Tries to act smart but is pretty dumb in real. He does not care about career in general because he knows he’ll be a politician like his father.
- Ali Shah as Behroz - The sharper one of the twins. He’s pretty shrewd in his actions and plays smartly . Both the brothers believe that they are the finest twins of the world and pretend to be identical twins in front of everyone.
- Kamran as Shehroz - The innocent one of the twins. Has a stammering problem and is extremely dumb. Both the brothers believe that they are the finest twins of the world and pretend to be identical twins in front of everyone.
- Fajar Ali as Zeb - The most senior member of the group in terms of age. Believes herself to be very intelligent and is pretty smart because of all the experiences she’d had due to her age.
- Khewra Mine (The Geology Museum) - After an adventurous night in the Cholistan desert, the exhausted cast & crew retired to their rest house back in Bahawalpur. The evening awaited another journey – a journey to the Khewra Mines through Kallar Kahar. The Mines had in store some of the greatest natural and manmade art works, all created out of salt, such as the Badshahi Mosque, Minar-e-Pakistan and a post office, which is functional for sending mails/postcards. Also, the brine ponds and the Asthama clinic are worth viewing too.
- Khanpur Dam (the adventure spot) - The next day led the team to the most exotic destination by far – The Khanpur Dam that lies about 40 km away from Islamabad in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Khanpur offers jet skiing, paragliding. and mountain climbing.
- Nathia Gali - The curvy road makes its way up the mountain leading to Nathia Gali. The crew reached Nathia Gali; welcomed by heavy snowfall, two of the team’s main players retired back to the pavilion due to bad health. The weather seemed to be on the opposing side and hence the shoot had to be cancelled, resulting in an extremely relieved reaction by the entire team as they ﬁnally got a day to sit back and relax.
- Balakot - In order to explore the next destination, the team headed towards Balakot – the unfortunate city (as it became known after the massive earthquake of 2005), but the team was in for a surprise upon reaching there, it seemed like the unfortunate city is no more so ill-fated. The entire re-development was pretty impressive and anyone who would lay their foot for the very ﬁrst time there wouldn’t even know about its deadly past.
- Muzaffarabad (the cultural hub) - Has a large lake surrounded by mountains on either side. From the fort to the suspension bridge, the team shot at various locations throughout the city.
Kuch Kar Dikha OST is sung by Shankar Mahadevan, lyrics and production by Farrukh Malhar and music by Farrukh Abid and Shoaib Farrukh.
- "Nokia Pakistan launches unique reality based traveling show ‘Kuch Kar Dikha’". Dispatch News Desk. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Nokia Pakistan Launches 'Kuch Kar Dikha' First Ever Travel Reality Show". Express Pakistan. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Nokia Pakistan launched "Kuch Kar Dikha" a reality show – Video Shot by Lumia Devices". Tech Prolonged. Khurram Ali. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Nokia launches "Kuch kar dikha"-first ever travel reality show". ePakistan News. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Nokia Kuch Kar Dikha: Show Timings & Schedule". brandsynario. Retrieved 1 March 2014.