|• Chairman||Akhil Pratap Singh|
|Elevation||220 m (720 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kuchinda is located at  It has an average elevation of 220 metres (721 feet). National Highway 200 passes through the city. Jharsuguda is roughly 48 km to the west, and the city of Sambalpur is about 80 km to the south-west, accessible via the National Highway 6 via Jamankira..
The city has tropical weather and enjoys three distinct seasons: Winter, summer, and moderate monsoon.
In addition to main old town, some of the other nearby residential areas are Saida, Ghosa, Mantrimunda, Lad, Mahuldkihi, Kira, Satkama.
As of 2001[update] India census, Kuchinda had a population of 13,584. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Kuchinda has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 60%. In Kuchinda, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. Purunapani is the most educated village of western Odisha, which is situated in Kuchinda block.
Current MLA from Kuchinda (ST) Assembly Constituency is Rajendra Chatria of INC, who won the seat in State elections in 2009. Previous MLAs from this seat were Rabi Narayan Naik (2000, 2004) Panu Chandra Naik of INC in 1995, Brundaban Majhi of JD in 1990, Jagateswar Mirdha of INC in 1985, 1980 and 1977.
- "PinCode: KUCHINDA, SAMBALPUR, ODISHA, India, Pincode.net.in". pincode.net.in. 2012. Retrieved 27 June 2012. "PinCode: 768222"
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kochinda
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 132-Kuchinda Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-13.