Location of Kuga District in Yamaguchi Prefecture
Kuga (玖珂郡 Kuga-gun) is a district located in Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan.
As of 2005 Census, the district has an estimated population of 6,442. The total area is 10.56 km².
The district has one town.
- April 1, 1951-The village of Mikawa gained town status.
- April 1, 1971-The village of Obatake gained town status.
- April 1, 1973-The village of Waki gained town status.
- February 21, 2005-The town of Ōbatake merged with the old city of Yanai to form the new city of Yanai.
- March 20, 2006-The towns of Kuga, Mikawa, Miwa, Nishiki, Shūtō and Yū, and the village of Hongō merged with the old city of Iwakuni to form the new city of Iwakuni.
Coordinates: 34°11′22″N 132°12′41″E / 34.1895°N 132.2115°E