|— district —|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
Kulgam district consists of 5 blocks: Quimoh, Pahloo, D.H.Pora, Devsar and Kulgam. Each block consists of a number of panchayats. Population of per Blocks as: Dist. kulgam has seven important towns 1. Ashmuji 2. Frisal 3. Yaripora 4. Kulgam 5. Devsar 6. Qaimoh 7. D.H Pora. Five have already got municipality status and DH Pora is still get a municipality. Note:- M.C Ashmuji has been recently denotified from the Municipal Committee and now this village has two Panchayat halqa's Ashmuji A (Kapora & Mirpora) and Ashmuji B(Herpora & Checki Ashmji)with Block Qaimoh.(Dar Aamir) Police dist. at Kulgam Police station at Kulgam, yaripora, qazigund and DH Pora Police posts at Mirbazar,Frisal, qaimoh, behibagh and devsar
Administrative set up and officials[when?] : 1. District Development Commissioner Mr. Jahangir Ahmad Mir 2. S.S.P.Kulgam Mr. Mohammad Shafi 3 Principal GDC Kulgam Dr.M.Y. Peerzada 4. Add. Distt. Dev. Commissioner Mr. M. Yousuf Zarger 5. Asstt.Commissioner Development Mr. Abdul Hamid Wani 6. Asstt. Commissioner Revenue Mr. Gh. Hassan Shaikh 7. Chief Planning Officer Mr. Rafiq Ahmad 8. Chief Medical Officer Dr. M. Altaf Hussein Beigh 9. Chief Education Officer Mr. Omprakash Sharma 10. Director, RSETI, Kulgam Dr. M.Shafi Ayaz 11. Asstt.Director Employment Mr. G.R. Malik 12.General Manager D.I.C. Mr. Mohammad Shafiq 13. Chief Horticulture officer Mr. Farooq Ahmad Ahrar 14.Horticulture Dev. Officer(Qaimoh) Mr.Dharminder Bagat 14.Project Officer DRDA Dr. Akram-u-ullah Tak 15.Ex. Engineer R&B Mr. M.Shafi 16.Deputy Chief Education Officer Mr. B.A Bhat 17.Ex. Engineer PDD Mr. Mukhtar Ahmad 18.A.R.T.O Kulgam Mr. Majid 19.M.L.A Kulgam Mr. M.Y. Tarigami 20.M.L.A Devsar Mr. Mohd. Sartaj Madni 21.M.L.A Noorabad Ms. Sakeena Itoo 22.M.L.A Homeshalibugh Mr. Ab. Gaffar Sofi 23.M.L.C Mr. Mohmmad Amin Bhat
Kulgam District has 4 assembly constituencies: Noorabad, Kulgam, Homshailibugh and devsar. Homshallibugh j&K 39th assembly segment has three municipal towns, Frisal, Yaripora and Qaimoh.Yaripora is an education and health block, while qaimoh is agriculture as well as education and health blocks. Frisal has no administrative unit except a HSS School and PHC.
Kulgam a picturesque town is situated at 75° 268’ E longitude and 33°1584’ N latitude nestled in the lap of Peer Panchal Ranges overlooking the left bank of River Veshaw and has come up along a sloppy Karewa from Larow to Chawalgam. Be it the interaction with other civilizations, absorption of religious and other socio economic movements having swept sub-continent/Asia and above all the mythology associated with river Veshaw, emanating from the Kounsernag and flowing with majesty as well as ferociously depending upon the season and climatic conditions and at times resembling the prowess of mythological God/Angel when viewed in the context of its irrigation potential and utilization thereof in the District becoming the main source.Kulgam has the distinction of having contributed in the evolution of present day soda-cultural ethos of Kashmir hinged in sobriety, compassion, non-violence, yearning for learning and receptiveness for new ideas and reformation with no parallel in terms of recorded history in the sub-continent. Tazkira Sadat-i-Simanania, compiled by Swaleh Reshi, a reputed scholar and poet of 13th Century, contains the name of place as “Shampora” which was later on renamed as Kulgam by Syed Hussain Simnani (RA) when beholden with the myriad number of Canals and streams flowing through the village. The word Kulgam denotes “Kul” meaning thereby the “Whole” and the “Gam” in Arabic to “teach righteousness”. It is he who is stated to have invited Hazrat Amir Kabir Mir Hamdani (RA) to Kashmir and famous poet and poetess like Sheikh Noor-ud-din Noorani and Lal Ded respectively to Kulgam where their disciples manifesting the composite culture promoted and encouraged it even when the dissension in rest of the Asiatic countries was taken as heretics. Kulgam as such is believed to be a place acting as a torch bearer for righteousness in the circumspection of myriad streams running through the area. The form of administration which was rudimentary but gained semblance of a structured system during Shair Shah Suri’s reign led to creation of a Tehsil eventually during Mughal Rule through the aegis of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoom (RA) with jurisdiction encompassing places like Doru, Banihal, Gulabgarh, Shopian and thereafter the status continued but in the process, its constituent units like Pulwama and now along with it Shopian, Reasi attained the status of a District. Such is the climatic and topographical treasure in the District that from Mughal Emperors to Dogra Rulers the area has had been a hunting place especially for Shahanshah Shah Jehan who laid the Chinarbagh and Maharaja Hari Singh who discovered the virgin potential of sanctuary at Kutbal. From out of the spiritual, great poets and statesman like politicians the District has distinction of being the birthplace of Sheikh Noor-ud-din Noorani, the founder of Reshi culture and native place of the forefathers of Alama Iqbal and Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru.
As a result of creation of 8 new districts in the State, district Kulgam like other newly created districts came into existence after being carved out from district Anantnag and made functional administratively with effect from 2 April 2007. Nallah Veshav which drains most of the northern face of Pir Panjal is the main left bank tributary of river Jhelum and traverses through District Kulgam. Before confluence of Veshev with the Jhelum it gets broken off into a number of channels providing drinking water facilities and irrigation to huge tracts of the land of the District.
Town Kulgam is situated at a distance of about 68 km from Srinagar and about 17 km from Anantnag. It has road connectivity with its neighboring districts like Shopian, Pulwama, Anantnag and Ramban. Town of Kulgam is linked with far flung areas of the District by a dependable road network. Besides places of spiritual interest the district has tourist spots like “Ahrabal water fall” on Veshev Nallah which is a place of sight-seeing in the extreme south-west of district Kulgam. Kongwattan and Gurwattan ahead of Ahrabal, Charenbal and Nandimarg high land pastures are also places of tourist attraction apart from virgin meadows in the area from Kund to Ladigasan (ahead of Aherbal clefts). The District also has super abundance of natural water resources in the shape of various famous springs such as, Kounsernag (ahead of Aherbal), Waseknag (Kund), Khee Nag (Khee Jogipora), etc.(MIR BILAL ASHMUJI)
Road facility 
Kulgam has following roads connecting it to various assembly segments and with NH1A ( Major District Roads)
- Anantnag-Ashmuji-Kulgam Main Road
- Wanpoh-Qaimoh-Kulgam Road
- NH1A Manigam to Kulgam via Manigam, Hablishi,Kilam & Pahloo
- Qaimoh-Kadder-Shopian Road
- Arwani-Frisal-Yaripora-kulgam Road
- Qazigund-Devsar-Pahloo-Kulgam Road
- Kulgam-Shopian Road
- Kulgam-Damhal- Aharabal Road
Other Important Roads are
- Ashmuji-Bugam via Srandoo & Kulpora
- Yaripora-Kathpora- Munad Guffan Road
- Khudwani—Frisal-babpora Road
- Kanjikul-Hanger-Behibagh Road
- Mirbazar-Zangalpora-Kilam Road
- Manigam-Kilam Pahloo Road
According to the 2011 census Kulgam district has a population of 422,786, roughly equal to the nation of Malta. This gives it a ranking of 554th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 925 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,400 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 7.3%. Kulgam has a sex ratio of 951 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 60.3percent. Leading towns in education having literacy rate above 60 percent are Kulgam, Qaimoh,yaripora, Frisal, Ashmujibaan,devsar and qazigund.
Health facilities and education 
- District Hospital at Kulgam
- Sub district hospitals at Yaripora, qaimoh and Damhall
- 'PHC at 'Frisal, 'Bugam, Pahloo, Devsar, Behibagh Mohammad Pora, Katrsoo,Kilam, Akhran Etc.'
- Govt. degree college at Kulgam, DH pora and Kilam (Devsar)
- Higher secondary school Ashmuji, Kulgam
- Higher secondary schools at Kulgam, Damhal, Devsar, Qaimoh, Frisal,Munadguffan, Yaripora, Kilam,wanpoh etc.
- F.B Institute (Private School) at Ashmuji
- A number of Private run High and higher secondary schools are working in all 4 segments of district.
- Noor Study Circle Hablishi ( Private High School)
- English Medium Public High School Malipora ( Private High School)
- Sunshine National School Kulgam (Private School)
- Hanfiya high school at Frisal and yaripora.
- Red Jewels Educational Garden Brazloo (Private School)
- Baba Reshi Hafiya High School Chawalgam (Private School)
- Leeds Convent School Kulgam (Private School)
- Govt. High School Mirhama Kulgam
Business In Kulgam 
- Dar Enterprises (Asif Complex opp. Qazigund Adda) is the Whole sale distributor of Mineral Water, Cold drinks and other related products.
- Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- "ERO's and AERO's". Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Malta 408,333 July 2011 est."
||Badgam district||Shopian district||Pulwama district|
|Poonch district||Anantnag district|
|Rajouri district||Reasi district||Ramban district|