Kulti (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||40. Asansol|
|Electorate (year)||187,505 (2011)|
In the 2011 election, Ujjal Chatterjee of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Maniklal Acharya of AIFB.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Kulti |
|Trinamool Congress||Ujjal Chatterjee||77,610||57.38||-0.38#|
|Forward Bloc||Maniklal Acharya||49,044||32.26||-6.22|
|Trinamool Congress hold||Swing||+5.94#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages in 2006 taken together.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
Ujjal Chatterjee of Trinamool Congress won the Kulti assembly seat in 2006. Maniklal Acharya of Forward Bloc won the seat in 2001. Prior to that the seat was won by Maniklal Acharjee of Forward Bloc in 1996 and 1991, Tuhin Samanta of Congress in 1987, Madhu Banerjee of Forward Bloc in 1982 and 1977.
Ramdas Banerjee of Congress won in 1972 and 1971, Dr. Taraknath Chakrabarti of Samyukta Socialist Party won in 1969, Dr. Jai Narayan Sharma of Congress in 1967 and 1962, Benarasi Prasad Jha of PSP in 1957. In 1952, independent India’s first election, Kulti was a twin member constituency and those elected were Jai Narayan Sharma and Baidyanath Mondal, both of Congress.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Kulti". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Kulti. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Kulti. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "257 - Kulti Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- Bandopadhyay, Shantimoy, Asansol Parikrama (History of Asansol Sub Division) (Bengali), pp 157-159, Trnity Trust.