Bipin Chandra Tripathi Kumaon Engineering College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Bipin Tripathi Kumaon Institute Of Technology|
|Location||Dwarahat, Uttarakhand, India
Bipin Tripathi Kumaon Institute Of Technology, formerly Kumaon Engineering College (KEC), is an autonomous engineering and technology institute in the Almora district in state of Uttarakhand, India. The college was established by the then Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in 1986 and started functioning in 1991. Now institute is named after the renowned activist Bipin Chandra Tripathi. The institute is financed by the government of Uttarakhand and managed by the Board of Governors with the Minister of Technical Education Government of Uttarakhand as the Chairman and Secretary of Technical Education as Vice-Chairman. The Principal is the member Secretary of Board of Governors. Originally affiliated to Kumaun University, it is now affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University.
The college is situated in the hilly region of Dwarahat on Kathgodam-Ranikhet-Karnprayag National Highway (87-E), about 30 km. from Ranikhet And About 3 km From Dwarahat near Gaucher village. The nearest railway station is at Kathgodam (118 km).
The college is spread over an area of 155 acres (0.6 km2) at an altitude of 1450 meters. A quiet, congenial, hilly and pollution free environment with a picturesque view surrounding the campus. The summer is pleasant with a max of 30 °C for a few weeks and for rest of the time, the weather remains cool. The Dunagiri Temple and The Panduakhal Temple is at the outskirts of Dwarahat, which adds a cherry to the campus. The Dunagiri temple has an importance form the period of RAMAYANA, when Lord Hanuman was taking the DRONA mountain for the LAXMAN(Brother of Lord RAM) a small piece of that mountain was dropped in this region. The DUNARIGI Temple was built on the peak of that piece.
The National level techfest was being organised in the odd semester every year. Visit website[AAROHAN].
The college has eight departments:
- Applied Science
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The college has a Central Library, which operates on an open access basis. Students and staff members have an access to large number of books and journals, besides large number of competitive and technical magazines. Presently the library is procuring about 14 international journals and 50 national journals.
The College has ten boys and girls hostels and one transit hostel. One boys hostel (180 single seated) is under construction. The following are the hostels in KEC:
- Aravali Hostel [90 X 2] BTech, final year boys,
- Trishul Hostel [25 X 2], MCA First Year Boys and M.Tech Boys Hostel
- Nanda Devi Hostel [60 X 3] BTech, Second year boys,
- Shivalik Hostel [30 X 2] BTech, First Year Boys Hostel,
- Gaumukh Hostel [60 X 3] BTech, First Year Boys Hostel,
- Gangotri Hostel [60 X 3] BTech, Final Year Girls,
- Kailash Hostel [120 X 1] BTech, final and second year boys,
- Yamunotri Hostel [60 X 2] MCA, Pre-Final Year and BE Second year girls,
- Nalanda Hostel [60 X 1] First Year Girls Hostel Transit Hostel [60 X 1] First Year Girls Hostel
- Vindhayanchal hostel[125 X 1]BTech, Third Year
- New Boys Hostel [120 X 1]MCA Final Year and BE Third year
- Saraswati hostel MCA Pre-Final Year Girls and BTech, Pre-Final Year Girls
There are 3000+ Alumni spread across the world today who have fuelled growth of the nation, Indian & Multinational companies.