Kumba Iron Ore
Kumba Iron Ore is a successor of Kumba Resources. Kumba Resources was listed on the JSE in 2001. Kumba Resources was reorganized in November 2006 when coal and heavy minerals operations were spun off to newly created companies Kumba Iron Ore (Heavy minerals) and Exxaro Resources(Coal).
Kumba Iron Ore owns 74% in Sishen Iron Ore Company (SIOC). Rest of SIOC is owned by Exxaro, SIOC Employee Share Participation Scheme and the SIOC Community Development Trust. Through the SIOC, Kumba Iron Ore owns Thabazimbi and Sishen iron ore mines.
Shareholders of Kumba Iron Ore are:
- Anglo American plc (63.4%)
- Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Ltd (13.1%)
- Minority shareholders (23.5%)
- "An MBendi Profile – Organisation: Exxaro Resources Limited". Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- Onstad, Eric (10 July 2009). "Anglo American names new chairman". Reuters. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
- "Kumba, Eyesizwe venture wins new coal rights". Reuters. 13 November 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2009.