Kuna High School
|Kuna High School|
|637 East Deer Flat Road
Kuna, Idaho, U.S.
|School district||Kuna Joint S.D. (#3)|
|Principal||Karla Reynolds |
|Assistant principals||Ron Emry
|Enrollment||1,200  (approx)|
|Color(s)||Black & Vegas Gold
|Athletics||IHSAA Class 4A |
|Athletics conference||Southern Idaho (4A) (SIC)|
|Feeder schools||Kuna Middle School|
|Elevation||2,680 ft (820 m) AMSL|
|Website||Kuna High School|
Kuna High School is a four-year public secondary school in Kuna, Idaho, the only traditional high school in the Kuna Joint School District #3, located in southwest Ada County, west of Boise and south of Meridian. The school colors are black and gold and the mascot is a Kaveman.
- Football (1): fall (A-2, now 3A) 1991 (official with introduction of playoffs, A-2 in 1978)
- Soccer (1): fall (4A) 2003 (introduced in 2000)
- Basketball (1): (A-2) 1999 
- Wrestling (2): (4A) 2004, 2012  (introduced in 1958)
- Track (1): (A-2) 1992 
- Cross Country (1): fall (B) 1985  (introduced in 1974)
- Basketball (2): (A-2, now 3A) 1978, 1990  (introduced in 1976)
- Softball (1): (4A) 2008  (introduced in 1997)
- Track (8): (A-2) 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1993, 1995, 1996 (introduced in 1971)
Kuna High School boasts a very active band program that has recently gained notoriety in the region. The Kuna High School Band Program is currently under the direction of Zebulon M. Bellon. Mr. Bellon was chosen to lead the program in 2012 after the retirement of long time director Stephen H. Newton. The Kuna High School Band Program, nicknamed "THE Kuna Gold", include a pep band, two jazz bands (Lab I & II), a percussion ensemble, a winter drumline, and two concert bands (Varsity Wind Ensemble & JV Concert Band). The Kuna Bands compete in the Idaho District III marching, jazz and concert band festivals. The marching band and also competes in USBands V Open Division, NWAPA and Bands of America AA Classification.
The Kuna High School Band was invited to perform their 2012 program "By The Grace" at the 2012 "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl", as a guest performance group. The band also performed in Disneyland the following spring, appearing in the Disneyland Parade and Disney Performing Arts Series. THE Kuna Gold was named the sweepstakes champion of the 2013 USBands Regional, The United States Marine Corps Invitational, and The Ontario Battle of the Bands with their program "Espionage". Additionally, the band was awarded the 2013 United States Marine Corps "Esprit de Corps" award.
THE Kuna Gold was named 2013 Idaho DIII 4A 1st place champion winning captions for outstanding visual, effect, music, percussion, and 2nd sweepstakes. The band also placed 2nd in the AA division and 13th overall at the 2013 Bands of America US Western Regional Championships in St. George, UT.
Due to its success, the band has received invitations to perform in several high profile events including the 2015 Dublin St. Patrick's Day Parade and the 2014 New York City Veterans Day Parade.
Kuna High School and THE Kuna Gold host the "Kuna Marching Invitational" (KMI) marching band competition, and co-host (with the Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps) the DCI "Boise Summer Music Games".
- "Kuna High School Home Page". Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Kuna High School". Public School Review. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Kuna High School Staff". Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Idaho High School Activities Association". IHSAA. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- idhsaa.org - Idaho high school football - state champions
- idhsaa.org Soccer champions - through 2011
- idhsaa.org - Basketball champions - through 2011
- idhsaa.org - Wrestling champions - through 2011
- idhsaa.org - Track champions - through 2012
- idhsaa.org Cross Country champions through 2011
- idhsaa.org - Girls Basketball champions - through 2011
- idhsaa.org - Softball champions - through 2012
- idhsaa.org - Girls Track champions - through 2012