|Elevation||73 m (240 ft)|
|• Official||Maithili, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Koshi and Kunauli
The Western Embankment Bank of Koshi runs through Kunauli. During the floods in 1948, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1958 etc., it has severely affected the convex bends of western bank at several places like Kunauli Bazar.
The flood generally do great damage to the road leading to the Kunauli town and wash out its 3 kilometres portion. The water of the Koshi river pour out from the breach that develops in its western embankment and submerge a large portion of it.
It is a residential colony for the officers and staff of the Koshi Projects.
Hindi, Maithili, Nepali & English
Jageshwar High School is the main centre for Secondary School Education. Famous Playback Singer, Udit Narayan and Angika Language Scholar and social activist - Gorelal Manishi are among those few personalities who studied here and completed their SSC. Jageshwar High School is among one of few schools of India which provide education services to Nepalese students as well.
Place of interest
- Mahish Mardini Bhagwati Mandir (Kunouli East Tola)
- Koshi Barrage (15 km towards north in Nepal)
- Kankali Bhagwati (14 km famous Hindu prayer place)
- Sapt Kosi River (25 km)
- Sursar Nadī (47.6 km)
- Trijuga River (48.9 km)
- Chandra Canal (9.5 km)
- Sakhra Devi Mandir (10 km in Nepal)
- Road: Kunauli is situated on Bihar's border with Nepal. and has a border crossing to Rajbiraj in Saptari District, Sagarmatha Zone. The crossing has a customs checkpoint for goods. Indian and Nepalese nationals cross without restriction.
- Nearest railway station: Nirmali (36 kilometres (22 mi))
- Nearest airports