Kung Fu Panda 3
|Kung Fu Panda 3|
Official film logo
|Directed by||Jennifer Yuh Nelson|
|Produced by||Melissa Cobb|
|Written by||Jonathan Aibel
|Music by||Hans Zimmer|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Kung Fu Panda 3 is an upcoming 3D American-Chinese computer-animated action comedy martial arts film, produced by DreamWorks Animation, and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, written by Jonathan Aibel & Glenn Berger, produced by Melissa Cobb, and executive produced by Guillermo del Toro. It is the sequel to the 2011 film Kung Fu Panda 2 and third installment in the Kung Fu Panda franchise. The film stars Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Rebel Wilson, Bryan Cranston, and Mads Mikkelsen. The film is scheduled to be released on December 23, 2015.
- Jack Black as Po, A panda chosen to be the Dragon Warrior. He is bumbling, lovable, passionate, good-natured, and recently he is more heroic and noble.
- Angelina Jolie as Tigress
- Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu
- Lucy Liu as Viper
- Seth Rogen as Mantis
- Jackie Chan as Monkey
- David Cross as Crane
- Rebel Wilson as TBA
- Bryan Cranston as TBA
- Mads Mikkelsen as TBA
In 2010 DreamWorks Animation's CEO, Jeffrey Katzenberg announced that Kung Fu Panda has 6 chapters to it. In July 2012, Kung Fu Panda 3 was officially confirmed by Bill Damaschke, DWA's chief creative officer.
The film will be made as a co-production between DreamWorks Animation and Oriental DreamWorks, a Shanghai based studio, founded in 2012 as a partnership between DreamWorks Animation and Chinese companies. One third of the film will be made in China, and the rest in the United States, at DWA. This is the first time that any major American animated feature film has been co-produced with a Chinese firm. The filmmakers are working closely with Chinese censors to assure the film's acceptability to the state. As a film with a "co-production" status in China, it will allow the production companies to circumvent the country's strict import quota and take higher percentage of box-office revenue.
In September 2012, it was announced Kung Fu Panda 3 would be released on March 18, 2016. The film is directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson and produced by Melissa Cobb, written by Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger with Guillermo del Toro as executive producer. Del Toro said in an interview that the antagonist is "the most formidable villain yet". On April 9, 2013, it was announced that the film's release date was pushed up from March 18, 2016, to December 23, 2015. It was also announced that Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen and Rebel Wilson would join the cast of the film.
- "Behind the Scenes". Oriental DreamWorks. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- DreamWorks Animation (April 9, 2013). "DreamWorks Animation Packs A Powerful Punch With New Cast Additions For Kung Fu Panda 3" (Press release). PR Newswire. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Kung Fu Panda 3 (2015)". Cinema Blend. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- O'Hara, Helen (December 3, 2010). "Katzenberg Talks DreamWorks Sequels". Empire. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- Oldham, Stuart; Maxwell, Erin (July 12, 2012). "Comic-Con: D'Works fires up 'Kung Fu Panda 3'". Variety. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- "DreamWorks Animation SKG Management Discusses Q3 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript". Seeking Alpha. November 1, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Tsui, Clarence (June 17, 2013). "'Kung Fu Panda 3' to Begin Production in August". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- DreamWorks Animation (August 6, 2012). "Rising Dreams in the Orient: Oriental DreamWorks To Establish Headquarters in Xuhui". DreamWorks Animation. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- Michael Cieply; Brooks Barnes (January 14, 2013). "To Get Movies Into China, Hollywood Gives Censors a Preview". The New York Times. Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- DreamWorks Animation (September 9, 2012). "New Distributor Twentieth Century Fox Unveils DreamWorks Animation's Release Slate Through 2016". DreamWorks Animation. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- Chitwood, Adam (November 12, 2012). "Guillermo del Toro Talks Puss in Boots 2, Kung Fu Panda 3 & Trollhunters; Says Panda 3 Has the 'Most Formidable Villain in the Series'". Collider.com. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- "Hans Zimmer to Return for ‘Kung Fu Panda 3′". Film Music Reporter. July 25, 2014. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 at the Internet Movie Database
- Kung Fu Panda 3 at Box Office Mojo
- Kung Fu Panda 3 at Rotten Tomatoes
- Kung Fu Panda 3 at Metacritic