(See other stations in Chiba)
|Neighborhood etc.||Chiba-ken, Isumi-shi, Kariya 537-2|
|Postal code||298 - 0123|
|Statistics||107 passengers/day 2009|
Kuniyoshi Station (国吉駅 Kuniyoshi-eki?) is a railway station operated by the Isumi Railway Company's Isumi Line, located in Isumi, Chiba Prefecture Japan. It is 8.8 kilometers from the eastern terminus of the Izumi Line at Ōhara.
Kuniyoshi Station opened on April 1, 1930 as a station on the Japanese Government Railway (JGR) Kihara Line. After World War II, the JGR became the Japanese National Railways (JNR). Scheduled freight operations were discontinued from October 1, 1974. With the division and privatization of the Japan National Railways on April 1, 1987, the station was acquired by the East Japan Railway Company. On March 24, 1988, the Kihara Line became the Isumi Railroad Isumi Line. In 2009, a new station building was completed.
- Isumi Railway Company
Kuniyoshi Station has dual opposed side platforms serving two tracks. The station is unattended, although the station building houses a number of shops.
- Isumi City Hall Isumi Branch (formerly the Isumi Town Hall)
- Isumi Municipal Kuniyoshi Elementary School
- Isumi Municipal Kuniyoshi Junior High School
- Chiba Prefectural School for the Physically and Mentally Handicapped
- National Highway Route 465
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuniyoshi Station.|
- (Japanese) Isumi Railway Company home page