||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Birth name||Jorge Alvarez|
|Also known as||Kurious,
|Origin||Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York, USA|
|Years active||1991 - present|
|Labels||Amalgam Digital, Hoppoh/Columbia/SME|
|Associated acts||MF Doom, MF Grimm, Monsta Island Czars, Bamboo Bros, Red Apples 45|
Kurious is of Puerto Rican and Cuban descent, and grew up in an Upper Westside neighborhood called Manhattan Valley. He debuted in 1991 on Powerule's "Young Stars from Nowhere". He then appeared on Pete Nice and DJ Richie Rich's album Dust to Dust. The duo helped Kurious get a record deal with Columbia Records via Bobbito and Pete Nice's Hoppoh imprint. In 1992, he released his first single, "Walk Like a Duck". 1993 saw him signed by Sony Music. In 1994, Kurious released his critically acclaimed debut album A Constipated Monkey.
In 1999, he reemerged on MF DOOM's album Operation: Doomsday on the track "?" and contributed a track to a Monsta Island Czars Mixtape, under the alias Biollante. Amalgam Digital reissued A Constipated Monkey with bonus tracks in 2007. In 2009 he released his second solo effort II, which featured the singles "Back From Up Unda", "Back with VIC", "Sittin' in My Car" and "Drinks In The Air."
- 1992: "Walk Like a Duck" (Hoppoh/Columbia)
- 1993: "Uptown Shit" (Hoppoh/Columbia)
- 1994: "I'm Kurious" (Hoppoh/Columbia)
- 2001: "All Great" (Stonegroove)
- 2009: "Benneton" (Feat. MC Serch & MF DOOM) (Amalgam Digital)
- 2009: "Back With V.I.C." (Amalgam Digital)
- 2009: "Sittin’ In My Car"
- 2012: "White Rum"
- 2014: "Delusional"
- 1991: "Pop Goes the Weasel" (from the 3rd Bass album Derelicts of Dialect)
- 1993: "Boo Boo Heads" (from the Del the Funkee Homosapien album No Need for Alarm)
- 1993: "3 Blind Mice" (from the Pete Nice and DJ Richie Rich album Dust to Dust)
- 1994: "Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide" (from the Gravediggaz album 6 Feet Deep)
- 1994: "Stop Smokin' That Shit" (from the KMD album Black Bastards)
- 1999: "?" (from the MF DOOM album Operation: Doomsday)
- 2003: "Shifting Lanes" (from the MF Grimm MF Doom album Special Herbs & Spices Vol. 1])
- 2006: "Traveling" (from the MF Grimm album American Hunger)
- 2009: "Supervillainz" (from the MF DOOM album Born Like This)
- 2013: "On My Grind" (from the Juellz Album "Jewelz")
- 2014: "Enough" (from the Homeboy Sandman album Hallways)