||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Birth name||Jorge Alvarez|
|Also known as||Kurious,
|Origin||Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York, USA|
|Years active||1991 - present|
|Labels||Amalgam Digital, Hoppoh/Columbia/SME|
|Associated acts||MF Doom, MF Grimm, Monsta Island Czars, Bamboo Bros, Red Apples 45|
Kurious is of Puerto Rican and Cuban descent, and grew up in a Upper Westside neighborhood called Manhattan Valley In NYC . He debuted in 1991 on Powerule's "Young Stars from Nowhere". He then appeared on Pete Nice and DJ Richie Rich's album Dust to Dust. The duo helped Kurious get a record deal with Columbia Records via Bobbito and Pete Nice's Hoppoh imprint. In 1992, he released his first single, "Walk Like a Duck". 1993 saw him signed by Sony Music. In 1994, Kurious released his critically acclaimed debut album A Constipated Monkey, which featured the hit singles "I'm Kurious" and "Uptown shit". The album was a modest commercial success and is considered a classic of golden era hip-hop.
In 1999, he reemerged on MF DOOM's album Operation: Doomsday on the track "?" and contributed a track to a Monsta Island Czars Mixtape, under the alias Biollante. Amalgam Digital reissued A Constipated Monkey with bonus tracks in 2007. In 2009 he released his second solo effort II, which was a critical success and featured the singles "Back From Up Unda", "Back with VIC", "Sittin' in My Car" and "Drinks In The Air."
- 1992: "Walk Like a Duck" (Hoppoh/Columbia)
- 1993: "Uptown Shit" (Hoppoh/Columbia)
- 1994: "I'm Kurious" (Hoppoh/Columbia)
- 2001: "All Great" (Stonegroove)
- 2009: "Benneton" (Feat. MC Serch & MF DOOM) (Amalgam Digital)
- 2009: "Back With V.I.C." (Amalgam Digital)
- 2009: "Sittin’ In My Car"
- 2012: "White Rum"
- 2014: "Delusional"
- 1991: "Pop Goes the Weasel" (from the 3rd Bass album Derelicts of Dialect)
- 1993: "Boo Boo Heads" (from the Del the Funkee Homosapien album No Need for Alarm)
- 1993: "3 Blind Mice" (from the Pete Nice and DJ Richie Rich album Dust to Dust)
- 1994: "Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide" (from the Gravediggaz album 6 Feet Deep)
- 1994: "Stop Smokin' That Shit" (from the KMD album Black Bastards)
- 1999: "?" (from the MF DOOM album Operation: Doomsday)
- 2003: "Shifting Lanes" (from the MF Grimm MF Doom album Special Herbs & Spices Vol. 1])
- 2006: "Traveling" (from the MF Grimm album American Hunger)
- 2009: "Supervillainz" (from the MF DOOM album Born Like This)
- 2013: "On My Grind" (off Juellz Album "Jewelz")