Kursk Vostochny Airport
|IATA: URS – ICAO: UUOK|
|Airport type||Joint, Russian Air Force|
|Owner||Ministry of Defence
Russian Air Force
|Operator||16th Air Army|
|Elevation AMSL||686 ft / 209 m|
Vostochny Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Восточный) (IATA: URS, ICAO: UUOK) is an interceptor aircraft base in Kursk Oblast, Russia located 7 km east of Kursk. It is a medium-sized base 4 miles northeast of Kursk. Several alert pads, with civilian tarmac on other side of airfield.
Khalino was home to:
- 472 IAP (472nd Interceptor Aviation Regiment) from 4 October 1979 to 1998. Moved in from Orel, Orel Oblast, where it had been stationed from 1950 to 1979. Equipped with MiG-23P or S from 1979. Disbanded 1 May 1998. The 472nd IAP PVO was Military Unit No.61364.
It is currently home to:
- 14 IAP (14th Interceptor Aviation Regiment) flying MiG-29 (SMT/UBT) aircraft, having been relocated from Zherdevka (air base).
Airlines and destinations
Seasonal: Anapa, Sochi
- Airport Kursk (Vostochny)
- "Aviatsiya PVO". Aviabaza KPOI.
- Butowski, Pyotr (2004). Air Power Analysis: Russian Federation. AIRtime Publishing, Inc.
- "Действующее расписание регулярных пассажирских рейсов ОАО "Псковавиа"". JSC «Pskovavia». Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Kursk Airport Official website (Russian)
- Airport information for UUOK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UUOK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for UUOK at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for URS at Aviation Safety Network
- 472nd Fighter Aviation Regiment PVO
- Handbook «Аэропорты и Авиакомпании, Авиапоставщики 2014 (СНГ и Балтия)» -М.:, 2014,-640с. ISBN 978-5-9905032-1-2
|This Russian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|