|Founded||Early 1960s -- sources differ about exact date|
|Products||Kurt Geiger London, KG Kurt Geiger, Carvela Kurt Geiger|
Kurt Geiger is an American-owned, essentially British niche-market footwear retailer that operates a combination of its own stores and concessions within department stores in a number of countries.
The company is named after its founder, an Austrian Jew and refugee from the Nazis, who opened its first shop in London's Bond Street in the early 1960s. In addition to selling most of the major designer shoe brands, it also sells a number of own brand designs and operates its own on-line shoe store.
Products and services
Kurt Geiger operates with over 50 stores nationwide, numerous concessions in leading department stores like House of Fraser, Harrods, Selfridges as well as a firm step onto the global stage through its own online shoe store - www.kurtgeiger.com, It had a turnover of over £162m in the financial year to January 2010.
It has signed a long-term deal with the shoewear manufacturer Manolo Blahnik to operate boutiques for that company. After a management buyout in 2008, it was sold by Graphite Capital to the U.S.-based brand management company The Jones Group in 2011.
- Mary Portas (19 May 2012). "Shop! Mary Portas at Kurt Geiger". Daily Telegraph.
- Laura Chesters (23 January 2011). "Kurt Geiger – a shining example of a sole trader". The Independent.
- David Jefferson. "Australian Dictionary of Biography: Geiger, Kurt (1915–1972)". Australian National University. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Our History". kurtgeiger.com. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- Ruth Faulkner (14 May 2012). "Kurt Geiger signs long-term deal with Manolo Blahnik". Drapers Online.
- Caroline Ferry (14 May 2012). "Manolo Blahnik Collaborates With Kurt Geiger!". Grazia Daily.
- James Thompson (3 June 2011). "Kurt Geiger to march into US after £215m deal". The Independent. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Tom Bawden and Zoe Wood (2 June 2011). "Kurt Geiger sale to Jones Group means £20m windfall for shoe chain managers". The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|