June 4, 1970 |
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
|Other names||Stevie Sexy Christ, Kirt Lockwood, Mr. E, Kurt Blockwood, Kurt|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
|No. of adult films||820 as a performer & 8 as a director (approx. per IAFD)|
Life and career
Lockwood graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1992 with a B.A. in Theatre. There, he was a member of the improvisational theatre group Erasable Inc.. He relocated to San Francisco from Baltimore with his band. A year later he moved to Los Angeles. Lockwood acted as an MTV host and was a raver gang member in a reenactment for the American television series America's Most Wanted. In addition, he had an assortment of small roles, including an uncredited role as a rollerblading snowman in the Steve Martin movie Mixed Nuts. The roles earned him a Screen Actors Guild card but ultimately didn’t pan out into acting fame and fortune.
Lockwood returned to music by forming the band SexyXrist (pronounced Sexy Christ). In 1999, he toured as the guitarist for Dee Dee Ramone's band . After doing some gonzo scenes for Luc Wylder and Alexandra Silk of Fallen Angels Productions, Lockwood returned to acting and music for the next two years. In addition to those passions, he also was involved in photography and writing, specifically penning a play based on the life of his idol, Kurt Cobain.
In 2002, Hustler magazine director Chris Wood offered him the starring role in his own line for Larry Flynt Digital in a now-defunct online series (www.trailertrash.com). He performed sixty scenes as "Johnny Coxville", a parody of the Jackass star Johnny Knoxville. On this series he met well known star Ava Vincent and they began seriously dating. Vincent agreed to work only with him in boy/girl scenes which is why directors like Roy Karch and others agreed to hire him because they wanted his girlfriend Ava Vincent and she wouldn't work with any other male performers while they were together, thus launching Kurt's feature career due to A list performer/girlfriend Ava Vincent. In addition, he was featured on pornographic actor Seymore Butts’ Showtime cable reality television show Family Business in six episodes in 2005 as well as being featured in pictorial layouts in Penthouse and Hustler.
In 2005, Lockwood organized a benefit performance by his band for the Adult Industry Medical Health Care Foundation Detox Bed Program, which was held at the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood and which raised $5000 to help adult industry performers who couldn't afford drug rehab treatment on their own. Also in 2005, Sex-Z Pictures offered Lockwood the directing reins, as well as the lead, in his first full-length feature The Decline of Western Civilization, Part 69: The Porno Years, which was an homage to one of Penelope Spheeris' classic rock/metal documentaries, The Decline of Western Civilization II.
Lockwood sings and plays guitar for his original punk/rock band Porn City Punx. In addition to his many scenes in other adult movies, Lockwood has continued to direct features for Bo Kenney and Sex-Z Pictures. He took the helm with such titles as L.A. Vice, a takeoff on the 1980s television series Miami Vice, as well as Lords of Doggie Style Town, Thumbsuckers, Teen Cock Rockers 2, and The Real Boogie Nights, a parody of the 1997 film Boogie Nights, with Kurt assuming the "Dirk Diggler" role.
In 2007, Lockwood retired from the porn industry and moved to Spain to be with his expecting girlfriend. However, he briefly returned to the industry in 2008 and performed in bisexual and transsexual scenes. Lockwood has lived in the Basque country in the South of France with his fiance and their son since 2009.
- 2004 AVN Award – Best Couples Scene, Film (Compulsion) with Ashley Long
- 2004 Adams Film Guide Award – Best Actor, Film (Compulsion - Elegant Angel)
- 2005 AVN Award – Best Threeway Sex Scene, Video (Stories: Lovers & Cheaters) with Dani Woodward & Barrett Blade
- 2007 AVN Award – Best Supporting Actor, Film (To Die For)
- Compulsion (2002)
- To Die For (2005)
- The Decline of Western Civilization, Part 69: The Porno Years (2006) – Director
- The Real Boogie Nights (2007) – Director
- Transsexual Babysitters 5 (2008)
- "Kurt Lockwood". Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- Mixed Nuts (1994) Full Cast & Crew - IMDb
- Biography at AdultDVD[dead link]
- Article at Adult Video News
- Interview at DVD Talk[dead link]
- Adult Companies Donate to AIM Detox Program. Business.avn.com (2005-09-19). Retrieved on 2012-10-13.
- Kurt Lockwood Bids Industry Farewell. AVN (2007-09-04). Retrieved on 2012-10-13.
- Kurt Lockwood's First Bisexual Scene Streams at Club Hancock. Business.avn.com (2008-08-28). Retrieved on 2012-10-13.
- Kurt Lockwood's Bio at. Kurtlockwood.com. Retrieved on 2012-10-13.
- "Kurt Lockwood Returns". Business.avn.com. 2012-09-20. Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- "The Second Coming of Kurt Lockwood: A TRPWL Interview". Therealpornwikileaks.com. 2014-12-08. Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- "6 Porn Stars Who do Comedy".
- "Comedian Former Porn Star Alia Janine’s 5 Ways Comedians and Porn Stars are the Same".
- "2004 AVN Awards Winners". Adult Video News. 2004-01-10. Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- "Adam Film World 2003 Award Winners Announced". Business.avn.com. 2004-06-07. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". Adult Video News. 2005-01-08. Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- "2007 AVN Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. 2007-01-14. Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- Transsexual Babysitters 5. Tlavideo.com. Retrieved on 2012-10-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kurt Lockwood.|