Zouma training with Saint-Étienne in 2011
|Full name||Kurt Happy Zouma|
|Date of birth||27 October 1994|
|Place of birth||Lyon, France|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2014||→ Saint-Étienne (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 January 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
He has been said to be (Florent Malouda) one day one of France's best all time players.
Born in Lyon, Zouma has played for Saint-Étienne since 2009. On 2 April 2011, Zouma signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal. He was, subsequently, promoted to the senior team by manager Christophe Galtier ahead of the 2011–12 season. Zouma made his professional debut on 31 August 2011 in a Coupe de la Ligue match against Bordeaux. He played the entire match in a 3–1 win.
On 31 January 2014, Zouma joined Chelsea for a fee believed to be around £12 million (€14.6 million). He remained at Saint-Étienne on loan for the remainder of the 2013–14 season.
Zouma first appeared as a first half substitute for Chelsea in a pre season friendly against Wycombe Wanderers. He scored his first goal for the club on his debut, in a 2–1 friendly win against Slovene club Olimpija, on 27 July 2014. He was given the number 5 shirt, previously worn by Michael Essien.
Zouma is a France youth international having represented his nation at under-16 and under-17 level. He played with the under-17 team at the 2011 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship and 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup. France manager Didier Deschamps stated in an interview in April 2013 that he sees Zouma as a potential future captain of the French national side.
Zouma has an older brother, Lionel, who is also a professional footballer.
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 4 February 2014. p. 9. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "The next 10 big things: Europe's top youngsters and stars of the future". The Guardian. 18 January 2014.
- "Kurt Zouma signe pro à Saint-Etienne". Foot Transferts (in French). 2 April 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Saint-Étienne v. Bordeaux Match Report". Ligue de Football Professionnel (in French). 31 August 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Match report: NK Olimpija Ljubljana 1 Chelsea 2". Chelsea.com. 27 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Saint-Étienne profile
- Kurt Zouma French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- Kurt Zouma at L'Équipe Football (French)
- Kurt Zouma – FIFA competition record
- ESPN Profile
- Kurt Zouma career stats at Soccerway